Author Topic: Decided to get the CZ 550 Varment Kevlar w/ accessories :)  (Read 2380 times)

Offline 96Skyline

Decided to get the CZ 550 Varment Kevlar w/ accessories :)
« on: January 28, 2009, 03:28:58 AM »
I'm getting a CZ 550 Varment Kevlar with a muzzle break, I'm to to put a Harris bipod on it, and 4 10 round magazines, and a sling (black with slots to hold rounds).  I'm pretty excited because this is not only my 1st CZ rifle, but my 1st .308 WIN too.  I can't wait to get it!  I'll have to get some mellos and set them up and see what kind of damage I can do.

I haven't decided on a scope yet.  I've been considering a Leopold III or an Aimpoint.  And suggestions on the scope would be welcome and appreaciated.

Cheers!

Offline 96Skyline

Re: Decided to get the CZ 550 Varment Kevlar w/ accessories :)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
WOW!  No replies, interesting.  I finally got my spiffy CZ 550 Varment Kevlar and all the accessories installed and added.  I only have 2 days of deer season here, so I'm taking it along with me (added a Leopold II scope to it).  Took it to the range and it shoots like a dandy.  Hope I get to drop a deer with it!

Offline cz671

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:53:05 AM »
congrats man, lets see some pics.  came from another forum and somebody posted range results from his cz550 .308 @100yards all i can say is WOW. could imagine what  yours could do

Offline 96Skyline

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 04:51:59 AM »
I'll let you all know.  Toaday is the last day of deer season, I just got back from putting 2 tree stand up (in the dark-fun; NOT).  So we'll see what this bad boy can do.  I even have a rest on my stands for the bipod and 4 10 round magazines already loaded and ready to go, not to mention that nasty muzzle break - SWING!

Offline 96Skyline

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
This gun is the shiznit!  I killed 2 doe and 1  8 point buck today (last day of deer season here).  Man, was I ever impressed, I took one of the does at at least 100+ yards way and she dropped on the spot...not tracking necessary.  I think tht Leopold II scope helped out alot also.  But the muzzle break definatelhy took some load off the recoil.  I love the 10 round magazines, not having to chagne up every couple of shots. (& I've got 4 of them :)   )!

Well,  I am highly impressed with CZ rifles, if they're as good as the CZ 550 Varment Kevlar.  I say it's neck and neck with my Ed Brown Tatical Rifle.  Defiantely has Remingiton beat hands down!  But I still love my Remmys'!

I would recommend this rifle to anyone who's a serious hunter or target shooter.  (I'm going to have a trigger job done).

Great Gun! I love it!

Offline brokenarrowjbe

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
Just posted on your ealier thread on the rimfire forum. Did the cz 750 lose out due to price? thanks, John

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
Good work, Skyline! They are amazing rifles for the $$$, aren't they! Which magnification Leupold did you get? Awfully nice scopes, from what I read (haven't gotten one yet for my 550 FS). Sounds like you defn made the most of your ultra-short deer season!

Bill
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline OneStab

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »
After owning my first handgun for a few weeks (75B, .40) , I'm jonesing hard for a CZ rifle.  Thinking about getting a similar set up.

Offline 96Skyline

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 07:33:23 AM »
Yeah this GUN ROCKS!  You can build it up, similar to what I did, for less than the Sniper and you basicly have the same rifle, just not as flashy.  I kill a doe and an 8 pointer with it, 100 yards (give a take a few yards), not to mention the scope I mounted is AWESOME.  Can't go wrong with Leopold! ;)

For the money, build up this gun.  I only had to pay for the gun, magazines, and muzzle and having it attached.  I also bought the Harris bipod and attached it  myself (so that saved a few $$$).

But yes indeedy...AWESOME RIFLE!