Author Topic: The 4th Circuit got it wrong  (Read 1818 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
The 4th Circuit got it wrong
« on: March 28, 2017, 12:09:34 PM »
OK, maybe that's an arrogant thing to say, not being a lawyer, Constitutional scholar, etc., but reading the 2A and Heller, I cannot imagine how the 4th ignored such clear precedent about firearms in "common use" such as the AR-15, AKM and others, common for decades. I realize the setting, Maryland, is not a hotbed of Constitutionalism, (and how sad is that?), but it shouldn't have mattered. An excellent article at The Federalist suggested this clear and total break with precedent set in 2008 and 2010 is almost certain to set the stage for a AWB showdown in the Supreme Court. I personally believe that Justice Gorsuch would be the vote that would carry the decision towards freedom...but what happened to our system that one man may make or break a core fundamental Constitutional right?
Now the Democrats are filibustering that nomination led by upChuckie Schumer, and the Republicans will have to muster courage to the sticking point to use the "nuclear option" that the Democrats used so freely in the past, to ensure our freedoms are kept, and my son will be able to take possession of my BREN 805 after I take my dirt nap.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: The 4th Circuit got it wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »
We are in a bad way and the new administration is not likely to do us much good unless Pres. Trump takes a stand and starts firing the elitist liberal establishment types that the system is so corrupt with.
I believe now more than ever that our freedoms are on the line and whether we keep them or not is ultimately going to fall to those of us who would not be ruled by kings yet I wonder if there will be enough of us willing to get it done when the time comes.

Offline silentbob

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 09:25:33 PM »
I hear ya.  Makes me wonder how we can hope to get the HPA passed when we have decisions like this.

CZ Aficionado

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 12:29:42 AM »
If there is anything that I've learned over the years is that the courts are a haven for those that believe they are the law and that they have the power to apply it, change.....err-um "interpret", or disregard it with impunity, happens every day.......judges have" absolute immunity", LEO's have "qualified immunity", politicians have immunity.........how does the average citizen get immunity for even an honest mistake...... they don't  :-\     
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:47:02 PM by CZ Aficionado »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:38:44 AM »
Sure you can, but you have to be Soros rich...I mean, "filthy rich", yeah, that's what I meant....

Offline Ritter

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
When I hear terms like "weapons of war" and the allowance of false terms like "assault weapon" and "large capacity magazines" with no set definition, I know it is a political argument, not a logical one.

"Assault weapon"- scary, black, having a variable number if visual similarities to something I thing the US military uses.  Has nothing to do with actual function of the firearm. 

Example: Colt AR15= banned.  Ruger mini 30= ok.
"Large capacity" can be 7, 10, 15, or any other number grabbed out of a hat.  We recently had a school shooting in California. The police were heralded with an incredible 7 minute response.  The assailant used a .357 revolver. He had time to kill 2 adults, injure several children, reload, and kill himself. 

But we aren't hearing about that because somehow reloading is morally superior.  In reality, revolvers don't sell gun control or headlines like "assault" weapons.

We need some brave members of Congress to challenge these judges on their violation of their oaths.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »
  We recently had a school shooting in California. The police were heralded with an incredible 7 minute response.  The assailant used a .357 revolver. He had time to kill 2 adults, injure several children, reload, and kill himself. 

But we aren't hearing about that because somehow reloading is morally superior.  In reality, revolvers don't sell gun control or headlines like "assault" weapons.
I in no way intend any racism here but the race of the perp in this incident plays a very big role as to the reason this case got less than mediocre reporting. Wasn't terrorism and it wasn't some crazy middle aged white guy with a gun and an axe to grind against society. That's just the way the media operates today on the left and the right.

Offline painter

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:54:10 PM »
  We recently had a school shooting in California. The police were heralded with an incredible 7 minute response.  The assailant used a .357 revolver. He had time to kill 2 adults, injure several children, reload, and kill himself. 

I in no way intend any racism here but the race of the perp in this incident plays a very big role as to the reason this case got less than mediocre reporting. Wasn't terrorism and it wasn't some crazy middle aged white guy with a gun and an axe to grind against society. That's just the way the media operates today on the left and the right.
Sensational sells. ;)
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline StevenJ61

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:55 AM »
Like the original poster said, we got Gorsuch and for me that was worth voting for Trump alone. I also hear Justice Kennedy is on the way out so let's levy that nuclear option again! In all seriousness Trump did make it to the NRA convention not to beg us to vote form him again, but to say thanks and that he wants to preserve our right to bear arms. I wouldn't say we are out of the woods but I do believe we have a 'friend' in the White House. However, stay vigilant as always!

anything