Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case: FL stand-your-ground law on trial  (Read 65391 times)

Offline painter

Re: Trayvon Martin case: FL stand-your-ground law on trial
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:44 AM »
Den, they might not have released him as a partial "protective" custody. I am willing to bet that if he was released he would not be allowed to possess/carry/use a firearm, so letting him loose with all the hate the NBP have stirred up, and he might be an easy target for a lynching. Yes, I wouldn't put it past them at all. As it is, with the high profile on this, Mr Zimmerman is very likely in a single cell, and possibly, (depending on prison population), in his own pod, for his safety.
Lets keep calm and wait for the next move.
Dave, you may be right on point with that

I gues it would have been so much better if Zimmerman hadn't shoot Martin, and Martin had just beat Zimmerman to death...We'd never had heard $#!+ about it
Den,

I respectfully suggest it would have been so much better if Zimmerman had listened to the 911 operator and not involved himself further.

Do we know if he did continue or was he attacked as he retreated?   Unless we know that for sure I believe that that is a major conclusion that the media has lead us to.
The original 911 recordings make it clear  that Zimmerman was following Martin as he told the operator when asked that was what he was doing. How the confrontation escalated is not known.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
Den, they might not have released him as a partial "protective" custody. I am willing to bet that if he was released he would not be allowed to possess/carry/use a firearm, so letting him loose with all the hate the NBP have stirred up, and he might be an easy target for a lynching. Yes, I wouldn't put it past them at all. As it is, with the high profile on this, Mr Zimmerman is very likely in a single cell, and possibly, (depending on prison population), in his own pod, for his safety.
Lets keep calm and wait for the next move.
Dave, you may be right on point with that

I gues it would have been so much better if Zimmerman hadn't shoot Martin, and Martin had just beat Zimmerman to death...We'd never had heard $#!+ about it
Den,

I respectfully suggest it would have been so much better if Zimmerman had listened to the 911 operator and not involved himself further.

Do we know if he did continue or was he attacked as he retreated?   Unless we know that for sure I believe that that is a major conclusion that the media has lead us to.
The original 911 recordings make it clear  that Zimmerman was following Martin as he told the operator when asked that was what he was doing. How the confrontation escalated is not known.

He was told that "We don't need you to do that".  At that point we do not know if he stopped following.  The question should really be why did Travon attack.  The attack is what is in question not Zimmerman's action of following or watching.  Travon was the one the used potentially deadly force.

Offline painter

« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
If Zimmerman was following in a car as reported, and stopped as suggested by the operator, how did he come to be on the ground getting his head bashed in?

Did Martin run to his car, open the door, and drag him out?

That would be self defense. I just don't think it went down that way.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »
Even if he was following him it did not give Travon the right to assualt him.  Unless Zimmerman exibited some type on force on Travon he was in his right to be where ever he was, just as Travon did. 

You do raise a good question, why was Travon violently beating Zimmerman's head in the pavement...?  That is the million dollar question. 

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »
Unfortunately, we're just running in circles as we wait for the trial.

Offline Twmaster

• Fanatic, Heritic, Lunatic!
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2012, 03:28:05 PM »
Unfortunately, we're just running in circles as we wait for the trial.

This. I'm not going to comment any further. I'll just wait to see what shakes out of the Tree of Law.
Mike

Because liars fear the truth.

Offline Spirit 1

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2012, 01:48:10 AM »
Wow, guys & gals! Your basic expose' courtesy Reuters! Never heard this stuff before, did you?

http://www.newsmax.com/US/zimmerman-trayvon-shooting-gun/2012/04/25/id/437099

Offline Twmaster

• Fanatic, Heritic, Lunatic!
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »
Spirit, thank you for posting the above.

As Paul Harvey might have said: "...and now the rest of the story."
Mike

Because liars fear the truth.

Offline Spirit 1

« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »
I almost had to go to the ER to get my jaw reattached after it fell to mid-chest!

Without doubt it is the finest example I've seen yet of the corrupt, intentionally and knowingly lying, disgusting and thoroughly fraudulent to the core scum, entirely devoid of scruples or ethics of any kind, who present us with daily 'NEWS'! Yes, that's red and it's slanted.

For some newscasters and commentators there should be multiple felony charges handed down as their reward. It's one thing to throw the old spin: it's another to incite potentially murderous racial riots and destruction, incite death threats, directly cause racial attacks on other innocent people, incite MURDER of a possibly entirely innocent man, and to otherwise destroy a man's life when he may be innocent!

This whole thing has been a masterpiece of corruption, misrepresentation and flagrant disregard for any and all things of common decency and personal ethics.

But wait, kiddies, there's more!! Alan Dershowitz, a man of more than passing respect and honor, nails it to the wall here. He calls for murder charges allright, but throws the spin in the opposite direction:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25/dershowitz-trayvon-prosecutor-overreached-with-murder-charge/

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
Wow, guys & gals! Your basic expose' courtesy Reuters! Never heard this stuff before, did you?

http://www.newsmax.com/US/zimmerman-trayvon-shooting-gun/2012/04/25/id/437099
Great article Spirit
Says a lot about who George WAS and IS now
Gee, imagine that, a man with a past
Zimmerman hates Blacks SOooo much, that he takes time to Tutor (Black) Kids in Math, both at their home or in his own?.Sound racist to me ! ! !

NOW, where?s the back story on Trayvon Martin
You can?t get one, because the first thing his parent?s did was get a Lawyer
The Lawyer then had Trayvon's records sealed?.And not just because he was a minor either
Think on this?.If Trayvon Martin was an Honor Student, Captain of his Football Team and an Eagle Scout?.The true ANGEL he is portrayed to be, his records would be available to anyone and everyone, to show how honorable HE REALLY WAS
If Trayvon was truly that Honorable Angel, they would have shoved those records down the throat of White America so fast, you couldn?t have timed it with a Shot Timer

Here?s a though;
Why is it that everyone remembers and or keeps bringing up the Rodney King beating, but no one remembers Reginald Denny ? ! ?
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Thorâ„¢

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
All the opinions in the world don't generally explain why an unarmed man is dead, at the hands of an armed man that precipitated the encounter. The rest is moot, let a jury of his peers decide.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
I think there has been a lot of assumption that Zimmerman was the first to initiate the physical confrontation with Martin?.Fact to face hands on encounter
I may be wrong, but I haven?t seen, read or heard of any such record
Did Zimmerman physically approach Martin first, or did Trayvon double back and attack George from behind ?
More evidence seems to lean toward the later
And it?s odd that eye witness accounts seems to reaffirm that fact

The really sad thing is this, there are ONLY two possible outcomes;
One, Zimmerman is found guilty and sentenced to prison (which equals death or solitary confinement, for his own safety)
?Thank GOD, another racist murder is off the streets, and the world is safe again?
Or two, Zimmerman is acquitted and the worse race riot in America?s history erupts?.And trust me folks, this WILL HAPPEN !
Some of the young guns and folks from out of the US don?t remember the two LA Race Riots?.Yes, TWO ! ! !
I do, I lived through them both?.Some very scary times my friends
If this story hasn?t already reached the point, it is very close to a threat to our National Security, just for that reason alone
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline motosapiens

« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
All the opinions in the world don't generally explain why an unarmed man is dead, at the hands of an armed man that precipitated the encounter. The rest is moot, let a jury of his peers decide.

There appears to be some speculation and opinion, unsupported by evidence, in your post.

Offline no51

« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »
his records would be available to anyone and everyone
Not sure what Florida laws are; is 17 is considered a minor?

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:11 PM »
Not sure what Florida laws are; is 17 is considered a minor?
I fully understand that fact
I think I included that in the post you quoted
The Lawyer then had Trayvon's records sealed?.And not just because he was a minor either
Think on this?.If Trayvon Martin was an Honor Student, Captain of his Football Team and an Eagle Scout?.The true ANGEL he is portrayed to be, his records would be available to anyone and everyone, to show how honorable HE REALLY WAS
If Trayvon was truly that Honorable Angel, they would have shoved those records down the throat of White America so fast, you couldn?t have timed it with a Shot Timer
My point being;
If Trayvon was an Honor Student, his records would NOT have been sealed
Right or wrong, legal or not, his parents know full well that his past will not shine an Angelic light on their sweet Baby Boy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:03:33 PM by DenStinett »