Author Topic: P09 front sight on p10  (Read 1522 times)

Offline JeffRob12

P09 front sight on p10
« on: September 22, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »
Hey guys so I ordered a p07/P09 front sight from Dawson precision to put on my p10c. It came in today, it came with a real short screw installed in the sight and a longer screw in the bag. Real quick dumb question, which screw should I use andifferent any thing I have to do a certain way that I wouldn't know to do?

Ps. I called Dawson and spoke to someone, when I asked him the question he looked something up on his computer and said well that's the wrong sight. We make one for the p10 specifically, I told him I needed a shorter one and it was readily available as a P09 front which fits the same dovetail.

Offline jeffw78

Re: P09 front sight on p10
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
On my PO 7 the short screw was too short and fell out of the bottom of the sight while in the dovetail. I had to remove it and use the longer screw in my example.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline JeffRob12

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »
So maybe the short one is for the p10 I guess

Offline Deetroit

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 07:09:32 PM »
I didn't notice the short screw already in the sight and tried threading the long one through the top after installing.  Scratched my head for awhile before removing the sight and discovering the short screw already installed.   It looked too short so i took it out and threaded the long screw through the bottom, reinstalled the sight and locked it in place with the long screw.  I don't think the screws can be threaded from above. (CZ P10)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline JeffRob12

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
Hey Deetroit
what do you mean the screw doesn't install from the top? I can't just back out the small screw from the top then install the bigger one from the top? How would one go about applying loctite to the threads if you can't install from the top?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:57:51 PM by JeffRob12 »

Offline earlan357

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
Hey Deetroit
what do you mean the screw doesn't install from the top? I can't just back out the small screw from the top then install the bigger one from the top? How would one go about applying loctite to the threads if you can't install from the top?

The hole in the top is only large enough for the hex wrench.  You thread the setscrew in from the bottom, with the hex portion toward the top hole.  I place a dab of blue loctite on the exposed threads with a toothpick, then use the hex key to run the screw up into the sight just before I drive the sight into the slide.  There's a divot in the slide for the set screw to bite into and the dovetail should be tight enough that the loctite is not really needed, but I use it for piece of mind.

Offline JeffRob12

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 06:24:19 AM »
Thanks earlan357 that's how I'm gonna do it, my slide is in Michigan at Jagerwerks right now. When it comes back I'll get the new front and rear put it. I asked Jagerwerks to just leave the sights uninstalled. So putting in the new ones hopefully will go smoothly! Lol
Thanks everyone for the tips!