Author Topic: How complex is the P10c design compared to the Glock?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Mifune326

How complex is the P10c design compared to the Glock?
« on: September 16, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
Been a long time Glock shooter, love my 75B Omega, and just handled a P10c.   One of the big draws to the Glock design is that it has few parts which can be replaced with a ball point pen.   I was wondering how complex the internals are of the P10c compared to the Glock.   Anyone know?  Schmeky?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:06:35 PM by Mifune326 »

Offline earlan357

Re: How complex is the P10c design compared to the Glock?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:07:44 PM »
Field strip is exactly like a Glock.  Detail strip isn't as easy (nothing is) but easier than my M&P, PPQ, VP9 were.  I'd say it's about as involved as an XD or 1911.  Only real problem is the roll pins.  They're metric and my Starret punches weren't long enough to push them all they way through the frame.  Used some old drill bits.  Lining up the fire control parts is a bit fiddly, but not difficult unless you're trying to orient it in front of a camera.  Same with the mag release.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:10:57 PM by earlan357 »

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 05:51:06 AM »
Awesome video!  Thank you for the info earlan.  During the detail strip, it doesn't look like there are that many more parts to the P10c than a Glock which is a good thing.   Fewer parts is always a good thing, less to go wrong or break!   I'm pretty impressed with the cz.  I think I just may have to plop some money down and grab one.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:59:54 AM by Mifune326 »

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 08:37:40 AM »
  I did a google search for "metric punches long shaft" found a bunch of options. A roll pin starter punch helped a lot as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline schmeky

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »
Glock is easier to do a full disassemble on compared to the P-10. 

However, the P-10 is very easy to do in it's own right.  The learning curve on the P-10 is short and straight forward.

IMHO, the Omega system in the newer CZ's, coupled with the P-10, is a step in the right direction as far as bringing simple home gunsmithing up to par with other brands. 

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 02:12:57 PM »
That is GREAT news.  Ok, I'm sold.  I'm buying it!

Offline Dzldust

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 11:15:20 PM »
I think it is fairly easy ,I'm not a fan of roll pins but they aren't gonna walk out on you as easily as a wallowed out Glock that has been taken apart after every time shooting it ,I've seen quite a few that were just about worthless because you couldn't keep the pins in the frames,not gonna happen with the P10 as easily
Scorpion Micro

Offline dave33

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 10:50:49 AM »
I don't think the P-10C is terribly complicated, I took mine completely apart when installing the HB industries trigger, and I'm no rocket scientist.  CZ does love to use fussy little springs that can try your patience level getting them back together.  Not sure of the proper terminology but the tiny little wire spring that holds the firing pin block on the side of the striker assembly is a royal pain in the butt to get back together.  Nothing is too hard to figure out but you do need a certain level of dexterity in your fingers to get all the bends and twists just right on some parts.

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
Thank you for the info.  That's great news.   Sounds like CZ designers gave us a winner.

anything