Author Topic: Sometimes a factory stock CZ75b is just fine.  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Rmach

Sometimes a factory stock CZ75b is just fine.
« on: June 21, 2019, 09:25:18 PM »
I'll admit I enjoy my Shadow 2 and Shadow Orange, but somewhere in the mix, a factory stock CZ 75b sometimes fills the need. At less than $500 delivered, I can't complain how a factory stock CZ 75b performs. I'm an old guy that enjoys value and higher echelon handguns.  One of yesterdays targets at 10 yards from a standing two hand position with about one second intervals. Yeah, I'm right handed and left eye dominant.

Offline Psyop96

Re: Sometimes a factory stock CZ75b is just fine.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 05:20:17 AM »
Always a hoot to get back to ?humbler? editions to experience where it all started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Z400acdc

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 07:15:10 AM »
I love the look of those wood grips on mine. But, I like the grip better with the stock rubber grips! My 75b is my second best range pistol. It is just behind my 1911 in 9mm!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 08:08:36 AM »
I used to have a room mate in the Army who said this about cars:  "Every now and then you can get a car that has all the nuts and bolts tightened just right."  That meant one that ran better than it should for what it had under the hood.

Same with guns.  Every now and then you can get one that is just head and shoulders above others of the same brand/model/caliber.

My first CZ, a P07 DUTY in .40 S&W is like that.  Nice SA trigger right out of the box and it shoots fantastic groups.

Not all the CZ's I've bought have a nice trigger or shoots groups like that P07.  One or two are better!!  Some are equal.  A couple have been worse and required some money/effort to upgrade

There's almost always a good feeling when you have something that isn't special that "acts special."
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 02:31:25 PM »
A buddy of mine recently bought a std 75B. Smooth trigger pull and virtually no hammer camming. I've tuned his other CZ's and all of mine but I wouldn't touch a thing on this one.

Offline Scorp75

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 09:36:45 PM »
Great looking pistol! In my opinion, some of the best pistols out of the box period. From base models to competition.

Thanks for sharing
I suffer from OCZ

Offline 30-30

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 03:02:47 AM »
I know that this thread is a couple of years old, but I agree with the OP's original comments.  Sometimes a factory stock 75B can be a good choice.  I recently purchased a 75B Omega and regret that I didn't buy this handgun earlier--this is the best 9mm I've ever owned.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 03:30:16 PM »
theres something about "old school" that just works.

but many times people get hooked on the blings/dress and go blind by those things.

Offline czluvr

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 06:16:46 PM »
My daughter needed a duty gun and a 75b was approved so I bought her one last night. She loves the one I have and shoots it well. Polymer guns aren't heavy enough to suit her.

Offline Bill-in-Texas

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 07:54:28 AM »
I am on this forum, like many here, because I still have room “in the vault” for old school, all-steel pistols. I love the great ergonomics of the CZ 75 family of pistols, and I particularly enjoy seeing early examples… pre-B, transitionals, and “B” models. (More pictures, please!) My experience in Central Texas is that older, all-steel pistols can be found at very reasonable prices from individual sellers.

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 02:01:40 PM »
I too have many customized CZs (TS, S2, CTS) and have bone stock Stainless 75.  Always interesting to take them out together, the stock 75 still holds its own.  Always makes me think "Why did I spend all this extra money." Think I will shoot it again today.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 04:19:20 PM »
My first CZ was a used 75B with TFX sights and black G10 grips I got a few years back. Still one of my favorite handguns to go shoot. Eventually I do want to get an SP-01 phantom or all steel SP-01 for the light rail. But for the time being, the classic 75B holds its own for me especially with a polishing job, good G10 grips and a 15 or 17 lb hammer spring.