Author Topic: Shadow 2 accessory rail thumb rest  (Read 1138 times)

Offline AZ_GunGuy

Shadow 2 accessory rail thumb rest
« on: May 08, 2021, 08:51:45 PM »
Has anyone tried an accessory rail mounted thumb rest on the Shadow 2?  I've seen products marketed for the Glock such as the Speed Ledge.  I'd prefer not to use a slide stop one because I want my slide to be able to lock back and show clear.
CZ Shadow 2 OR  - DPP, Armanov Grips, Toni Frame Weight + Thumb Rest
CZ P-10 C - CZC OR Upper, Romeo1Pro
Volquartsen Black Mamba 6" - Romeo1Pro, Ruger Target Grips
Glock 20 Gen 4 - Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel + Comp

Offline JBruns

Re: Shadow 2 accessory rail thumb rest
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:21:43 AM »
The slide stop one does not interfere with the slide locking back. Been using one of those for a few weeks now. Never had any issue with it.

Offline AZ_GunGuy

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
Which brand did you end up using?
CZ Shadow 2 OR  - DPP, Armanov Grips, Toni Frame Weight + Thumb Rest
CZ P-10 C - CZC OR Upper, Romeo1Pro
Volquartsen Black Mamba 6" - Romeo1Pro, Ruger Target Grips
Glock 20 Gen 4 - Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel + Comp

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
The slide stop one does not interfere with the slide locking back. Been using one of those for a few weeks now. Never had any issue with it.

I always assumed this interfered with LRBHO too but I guess you are pressing on the front, so the back still lifts up to lock the slide when the mag is empty

Offline JBruns

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 07:49:01 AM »

I always assumed this interfered with LRBHO too but I guess you are pressing on the front, so the back still lifts up to lock the slide when the mag is empty
Exactly right. And it gives you the thumb rest w/o having to do any milling/drilling/tapping. A win-win, IMO.

Offline battering ram

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 10:42:53 PM »
I had the Erdmann. Sold it.  The position is too far back. Imo it’s worthless . Maybe if you got tiny hands.

Enjoy it as is.  If you want the next level Cz get a Tso .   Tso thumb rest is perfect for my hands.

Offline JBruns

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 07:31:04 AM »
I had the Erdmann. Sold it.  The position is too far back. Imo it’s worthless . Maybe if you got tiny hands.

Enjoy it as is.  If you want the next level Cz get a Tso .   Tso thumb rest is perfect for my hands.
Just shows we're all different, I guess. I wear XL or XXL gloves, so far from tiny hands, and I like the Eemann Tech rest (I assume you meant Eemann and not Erdmann).

I'm sure the TSO is a great gun, but I don't think it's production legal.

anything