Author Topic: Brno 611  (Read 3492 times)

Offline GP

Brno 611
« on: February 16, 2007, 02:19:57 PM »
I just aquired a 611 because no one can release the slide from it's rear most position. Any help out there?

Offline Old Coastie

Brno 611
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 07:37:49 PM »
If you pull on the bolt handle, does the bolt move at all or is it unmovable?

Have you taken the rifle apart yet? It is really very easy. All you have to do is unscrew the large connecting screw at the left rear of the receiver. The front and rear are now pulled and the rifle should be in two pieces.

If you can get that far I believe you will be able to see the problem.

Good luck,

Mike
Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not really after you!

Offline GP

Brno 611
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 09:15:29 PM »
Old Coastie: The bolt is locked rearward and will wiggle about 1/16th of an inch in either direction. The takedown screw will loosen up nicely but remains in the gun;comes free from right side. At this point the gun won't separate because the receiver frame hits the bolt handle almost immediately. Since I am going into this cold I have no idea how anything is supposed to work under normal circumstances, no manuals ,etc. Posted on other forums but no real help yet. Anything you can tell me will be appreciated. Thanks Guy

Offline Old Coastie

Brno 611
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:58:54 AM »
Don't worry about the take down screw. It is a captive screw. Once unscrewed it will pull through the action and stop prior to coming all the way out. You did pull it out through the action, right?

When the two pieces of the rifle are pulled apart, the bolt and bolt handle come out with the front half which in your case is what the bolt is hitting.  The rear half houses the firing system. When you are trying to separate the two halves, hold the pistol-grip with one hand and pull the front of the rifle straight forward. They come apart very much like a semi-auto pistol.

Don't get mad at me for asking basic questions, please. I am just trying to get the easy things out of the way. Have you removed the magazine from the rifle. I just tried taking my 611 apart with the magazine in and I had the same symptoms you are describing. Also with the bolt back and the magazine in, the bolt will not go forward. You have to remove the magazine, then pull the bolt handle rearward slightly and then release it to go forward.

If you have done all of these things, get back to me, and I will investigate further using my rifle as a test bed.

Good luck.

Offline GP

Brno 611
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »
Old Coastie: I finally did what a MM1[SS] who served his whole at sea time aboard Nautilus would do: I tapped it gently with a plastic mallet and it popped free. Cleaned and lubed, fired and functioned perfectly! Thanks pal and never worry that I'll be mad at you for trying to help! Guy

Offline Old Coastie

Brno 611
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
Where did you tap and in what direction? Was there some rust or crud holding it together? I need to know just in case it happens to me. I did notice that when I took mine apart this morning, the lube seemed to be gone. I guess I don't pay enough attention to it.

Glad you got her apart with no damage. Now you need to get her a little brother named CZ511. Wonderful semi-auto.

Mike

Offline GP

Brno 611
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 02:23:44 PM »
Just tapped the left side of the receiver and the bolt snapped shut. Found evidence of some hardened grease. It may have sat in the former owners closet for years after his demise. After cleanign and lubing it shot fine.

Offline Old Coastie

Brno 611
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 03:28:27 PM »
Thanks for letting me know. Must have sat for a very long time.

Good luck with you 611. They are really great rifles.

Mike

Offline dancz

Brno 611
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:04:08 AM »
Old Coastie

JFYI not all 611s are created equal. I have two 611s where the bolts do not stay open with the mag in. My 611 in .17HMR (617) does stay open.

New Zealand

Offline dancz

Brno 611
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2007, 03:37:16 AM »
Any body know any thing about the silver action 611. Or have one? The box it came in said it was a 611 DX. I have never heard of another one, really need some help on this guys, Ive come to a dead end.

New Zealand

anything