Author Topic: CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 sling mount durability?  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Kraut783

CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 sling mount durability?
« on: August 22, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »
I have been looking to mount a sling on my CZ Scorpion, looking at the CZ Scorpion EVO 3/ Micro Rear QD Sling Mount from Parker Mountain Machine.....BUT, a little concerned over the durability of the CZ mount point.

(https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p100/CZ_Scorpion_EVO_3_S1%2F_Micro_Rear__QD__Sling_Mount.html)

Has anyone had issues with cracking or breaking of the CZ mount point?

Any feed back would be appreciated!

Offline Hammer Time

Re: CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 sling mount durability?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 06:09:00 PM »
I've had the same mount on my S1 for at least 6 mos now, including a day last week where I trained with it all day using the sling, and haven't had any issues.

Offline Kraut783

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »
Good to hear Hammer Time, appreciate the response.

Offline cavegeo

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 09:05:16 AM »
I recall someone breaking their sling mount off using that type of QD attachment. 

I would search this forum for a thread on this issue.

Offline Kraut783

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:01:56 PM »
Will do cavegeo, thanks.

Offline Duece McCracken

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
I recall someone breaking their sling mount off using that type of QD attachment. 

I would search this forum for a thread on this issue.

Will do cavegeo, thanks.

I second this. I remember seeing a few failures of the oem location, from the extra leverage pulling against it by the PMM mount. It's not super common, and depending on what you do/how you do it, you may never have an issue with it.

I went with a Pic rail mounted QD cup instead. Which worked nicely until I swapped to a tailhook, now I run off the tailhook. Until I want to switch it up again, lmao!!

Offline Kraut783

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 09:44:00 PM »
Duece, are you doing a Magpul QD?

Offline Duece McCracken

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 08:24:30 AM »
Duece, are you doing a Magpul QD?

I was running a Strike Industries qd/hook combo that fits inside the pic rail. Which allowed my BUIS to fold over it.

The Strike industries is nice, but takes up a bit mor real estate that i would have preferred.

There is another company, that makes a QD mount for pic rail, that sits flush with the pic. This product looks kinda like a "T" and takes up only one slot. This is on my list to try. Nice a low pro, with a tiny footprint.

Offline wts70mc

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 06:37:54 PM »
Hey guys I’ve been looking for an attachment point option for a sling on my Evo SB tactical brace for a while… The Midwest industries sling adapter option has been out of stock everywhere... for a while… Just thought I’d pass along this option to those in a similar situation. My hope would be to attach it at the rear in shoulder brace holes. Thoughts?!

If anyone has one or something similar I would love to hear your thoughts/experiences

https://www.blueforcegear.com/uloop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lostcolorado

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »
Parker Mountain Machine.....BUT, a little concerned over the durability of the CZ mount point.

Has anyone had issues with cracking or breaking of the CZ mount point?

Any feed back would be appreciated!

I remember some reports of the rear oem sling point breaking due to stress from the direction the pmm qd mount was installed. I believe most instances were when the qd mount was installed on the barrel side of the rear sling point.

I have the pmm qd mount installed on the stock side of the rear sling point. Disadvantage being, the pmm qd mount must be uninstalled to remove the stock.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:07:39 PM by lostcolorado, Reason: Spelling »
steve
the ying, the yang and the bang bang

Offline wncJerry

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 04:56:41 PM »
No issues with my Parker mounted QD sling adapter.   Seems pretty solid but yeah, I wish the loop was thicker for sure.  So far so good though with pretty extensive single point use.

Offline T10

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 08:13:06 AM »
We had the Scorpion EVO in mind when we made this one.

[Mods Added: That's great but per the rules you didn't bother to read, you don't get to advertise here for free.]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:46:23 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2024, 02:24:22 AM »
I have no experience with the rear qd mount. As others have posted, I recall photos & posts where the ear broke off but don't recall the circumstances other than being used for a sling mount.
I opted for a strike industries padded sling. I didn't but it for the Evo specifically, it was a black Friday deal so I picked up a few for $20 iirc.
Works well with the Evo and can easily accommodate different mounting methods. Not to mention there is no metal, so scratching and maring aren't an issue.

Currently listed for $37 and for the $, hard to beat.
https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-s3-sling-pro.html

ApIII%

anything