Author Topic: Any other P10C owners encounters these 2 happenings?  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Boskey

Re: Any other P10C owners encounters these 2 happenings?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »
I had the same problem the OP had.  I had about 200 rds on my P-10F OR when I noticed the canted end on the guide rod.  The screw was loose.  I tightened it back up, but it loosened again during my next range session.  I contacted CZ, was advised to remove the screw, clean the screw and guide rod threads, then reapply #242 or #243 blue LocTite allowing it a day to cure before using.  I asked about a torque spec, he said there wasn't one.  No problems since then.

[Mods clarified LocTite spec]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 10:29:12 AM by Wobbly »

Offline CzechEm

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 12:26:50 AM »
I did get a really bad jam the first time I took out my p10c. I'd had only gotten through like 9 or 10 rounds and that's when it happened. Slide was completely locked up with a round in the chamber.  :-\

I did do a field strip and oiled everything after I bought it so not sure what happened with this particular case.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
I did get a really bad jam the first time I took out my p10c. I'd had only gotten through like 9 or 10 rounds and that's when it happened. Slide was completely locked up with a round in the chamber.  :-\

That sounds more like an ammo issue. Since the 9x19 Luger is a tapered cartridge (with a matching tapered chamber) any discrepancy in size or shape as to what goes into the chamber will jam the slide in the forward position. It actually gets wedged together, and as any machine operator will tell you, they can be tough to un-wedge.

You won't get this on a 40, 45ACP, 38Super, or other auto pistol cartridge because those are all true "straight wall" cartridges. A misshapen or trashy cartridge won't even begin to enter the chamber on those guns. So the issue is readily apparent.

I'll bet you haven't seen it again. It's a 1 in 10,000 production error... unless you reload. Then it's more frequent.

;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline CzechEm

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 01:07:55 AM »
It was with factory Sellier and Bellot 115 gr. Not reloads

Offline mickey66

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 09:56:04 PM »
Day 1 - Brought my newly purchased NIB P10C to range to test it out and run it through its paces. Not more than 100 rounds, the factory captured recoil spring's screw started to become loose! Shocked me with that one as a disappointment.  Went home that night and tightened with the included Allen wrench to give it another try the next day.

Day 2 - Same exact thing happened under 100 rounds! Now I'm getting really disappointed with the QA. So at home, I take it apart, wiped down the recoil spring and added in some blue loctite and gave it 3 days to settle in.

Third range trip - No more loosening of screw from the recoil spring after about 100 rounds..Yay! or so I thought, a little something caught my eye towards the back of the slide, it turns out that the roll pin creep ed its way out and I couldn't get it back in. Had someone from the range/LGS take a look at it for me to see if they could set it back into place for me properly. Luckily he was able to, but at the cost of a couple of dings to the frame and said that for some reason, the roll pin didn't align with the 'lock block' which is why it would go back in smoothly. My question is why would it have even creep ed out in the first place???

Overall, while I love everything about this gun, the QA to me(hopefully only for this model/instance only), is extremely disappointing. I have owned CZ's and still do for 20+ years and intend to continue to do so.

I will try and follow up with a fourth session to see how things goes. In the event, that this roll pin creeps out again. What can I do to rectify this annoyance?  I really want to keep the gun.

Thanks.
Send the Gun back to CZ!

anything