Author Topic: Bidgunner.com Thoughts  (Read 7212 times)

th3ug1y0n3

Bidgunner.com Thoughts
« on: April 14, 2012, 11:14:22 AM »
Well, I thought that I would provide some feedback on my experience with this new bidgunner.com penny auction.  It sucks!!!!   So you buy .55 - .80 cent bids in bulk which run from $42 - $325 packs and each bid raises the price by one cent.   The only ones getting a deal is the site.  They are raking it in and personally I think it is a rip off.

ex: and AR 15 sold for $125.00. This means that for each penny bid that cost the person bidding .55 - .80,  it took 12,500 penny bids to get to that price.  Multiply that by .55 and  they made $6875 off of this item at minimum because some actually paid .80 for their penny bid. 

Beware!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Bidgunner.com Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Yeah, but you can say "I only paid $125.00 fo THIS ! ! ! "
Didn't read past the first line, when it was e-mailed to me
You have to buy into the "CLUB" too
The first line read;
"Bla bla, bla SCAM, bla bla bla bla ! ! ! "
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

th3ug1y0n3

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:26:43 PM »
You have to be really lucky to be the winner.  The bid timer showed 15 min on Thurs at 7:00 pm central and it ran until sometime early Sat morning, like 1 am.  You do have a bid butler which will place the bid for automatically but you can only make it to where it will start at a specific amount.

Example:

You set the bidbutler to  start at $60.00 randomly bidding at 10 second and you allocate 50 bid, which cost you 42.50.  Well by the time the 45.50 is spent the bid is barely at 65.00 should there be another 10 bidders bidding 50 bids, somewhere around there anyways.  So then you go buy another bucket that is if you want to keep on playing...and keep on buyint and keep on buying and only one or those that are buying more bids wins. 

What a scam!!  Sad part is that BudsGuns sponsors them.  Anyways that is my penny worth of comments:-)

Offline William Chase

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:28:11 PM »
I suppose it was only a matter of time until this sort of "auction" appeared in the gun world. It started with tech stuff ("get an iPad for $3.60!"), and grew from there.

I, for one, will not be playing!
Bill

Sent using Tapatalk 2
"The right to buy weapons is the right to be free". A.E van Vogt
CZ75 P-01   CZ52 (53)  S&W 642  
1903 M96B Carl Gustaf Swedish Mauser Remington 870 Wingmaster 12Ga
USPSA Area 4, Brazosland Pistoleros

Offline Ross7

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:33 PM »
What a scam!!  Sad part is that BudsGuns sponsors them. 
I found that surprising as well. Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

anything