Author Topic: CZ Shadow 2 Carry Optics made weight ( more pictures)  (Read 18252 times)

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
Re: CZ Shadow 2 Carry Optics made weight ( more pictures)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2018, 06:10:09 PM »
DEX_RX do you have issues with the lens of the Romeo 1 cracking with that cut?

Haven?t shot the R1 with it. Was only a contingency plan if I just couldn?t make weight with the DPP
CZC Bull Shadow 2 - Bronze
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline Wrecks

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 10:56:11 PM »

Why would it be in danger of cracking? The Romeo 1 is a hearty sight, Sig is putting it on their p227s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »

Why would it be in danger of cracking? The Romeo 1 is a hearty sight, Sig is putting it on their p227s now.

I wouldn?t call it ?hearty.? I had 2 different lenses crack under normal firing conditions. Granted, they were basically just after release and Sig loves to use its customer base as Beta testers so there?s a chance they improved the design since. But it?s not even close to as durable as the DPP and RMR. It?s really an expensive Vortex Venom at the end of the day.
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
Where did your R1 lenses crack?
where they then left not functional after cracking?
What is "normal firing" conditions to you?
I have a R1 and have used it under normal conditions with no cracks, blurs faded dots or loose anythings.
Mine is on a Sig so maybe that makes a difference but I doubt it would.

I am always interested in reports of design flaws from people who actually owned and used a product. Especially when they've owned more then one of the same flawed product. Did you develop your opinion of Sig before you owned the Romeo1 or is it a result of owning the R1? Just curious because Sig is known for many things and their reputation is high on that list.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline TomFoglio

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 03:57:38 PM »

Stripped Deltapoint Pro
SP01 polymer Guide rod
Czechmate slide stop pin
Henning Grips
Henning Basepads and springs on MecGar 17 tubes
No additional slide lightening cuts. Only the optic cut.
Isn't that 45.5 oz?  Would be kinda scary to go to a big match expecting to be only a few grams under weight.  Open minor sounds tough, don't want to try it. 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »
First optic was on a P320RX Compact. Second was off a full size model and mounted to a P320X5.

Where did your R1 lenses crack? Vertically along one side of the lens from top to bottom
where they then left not functional after cracking? It worked but not great. Hard to see the dot anywhere near the crack line
What is "normal firing" conditions to you? Range time at 45ft with factory ball ammo. After a mag, I looked down the optic and the crack appeared.

I am always interested in reports of design flaws from people who actually owned and used a product. Especially when they've owned more then one of the same flawed product. Did you develop your opinion of Sig before you owned the Romeo1 or is it a result of owning the R1? Just curious because Sig is known for many things and their reputation is high on that list.

I had high regard for Sigs prior to owning the full array of P320s. I have a buddy who?s been a Sig proponent for a decade. We both bought into the P320 platform head first and while we weren?t ?burned? by it it was clear for multiple reasons that Sig didn?t do their proper due diligence in vetting the designs (even outside of the Voluntary Upgrade). Now looking at the P365 situation and they do it again. Said buddy is very hesitant to buy anything new from Sig now.

Answers in quote above.
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline dEX_RX

• NXGen Tactical
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »
Isn't that 45.5 oz?  Would be kinda scary to go to a big match expecting to be only a few grams under weight.  Open minor sounds tough, don't want to try it. 

[/quote]
2lb 12.9oz is 44.90 oz. max for USPSA CO is 45oz

Yes it?s cutting it close but I expect the scale to be properly calibrated at any major match. It would take it to be out of proper calibration to read over weight. I would hope they would verify scale accuracy using external weights also prior to bumping someone out of their selected division.
CZ Shadow 2 - Black
Walther PPS M2

Offline Wrecks

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 10:43:28 PM »
I've put about 5000 rounds though my 320rx and have handled it pretty rough including a couple drops(unloaded, thankfully) and never had anything other than scuffs on the Romeo. Have it on my Shadow which also got dropped last range trip (not my fault that time, the stand in the shooting lane collapsed and the gun went with it, also unloaded) nothing to report so far for issues.

But yeah given Sig's quality control lately I'm sure there's some bad batches out there.

Offline Wrecks

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »
Not trying to hijack your thread but wanted to say thanks for posting this thread because it gave me a checklist for how to get under weight. I'm happy to report that using the same sight/grip/guide rod combo I'm under weight now, while still keeping the larger safety.

May look into different grips, someone in the S2 FB page said that the Lok thin grips were light enough to qualify as well.

Offline Stmark73

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 12:15:44 AM »
i would replace the safety with the flat one. save a little more weight. might be able to get a longer basepad instead of the plus 2.

anything