Author Topic: Wish I'd never sold my SP-01 Tactical  (Read 4865 times)

Offline DBlank72

Re: Wish I'd never sold my SP-01 Tactical
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2020, 07:50:38 PM »
I started with a P10C, then scorpion, then P-01, then a tactical sport, then SP-01, then I needed a shadow 2, the P10C needed a bigger brother so I got a P10F. Now I wish my SP-01 was a tactical model instead of a safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline BEE

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »
Had mine for at least 5 years now, just had it Cool Guy'd out by CGW this year, and will keep it forever.

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 08:23:05 PM »
Sold a lot of guns but never one of my cz’ s. .. only one I miss was the S&W 5906

Offline Ironhand

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 09:09:01 AM »
Same here.  My SP01 was my first CZ.  I knew nothing about the brand until I found one quite randomly at a local gun store.  After handling it, I just had to have it.  After shooting it, I have done nothing but accumulate more variants.  I know I'm in good company  ;D
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.  -Mark Twain

Offline SEAKPhotog

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
I'll never sell my SP-01 decocker. It was my 2nd CZ, the first one to be sent to CGW for a pro pack and to be milled for a RDS.  I've even also gone back and re-polished all the internals, added a solid aluminum magazine break, tweaked the recoil spring, added a lighter main spring, metal guide rod, Lok grips, etc.  It's about perfect for me. I'd love a higher end TSO or A01-OR but the SP-01 is so good and still so much better than me I can't really justify the cost.

Offline dommiguel

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »
I'm a newbie to CZ, bought an SP-01 Tactical in April, put over 1000 rounds through it since then (at great expense). Recently had CGW mill it for an RDS and upgraded all the springs myself and polished the internals. Sweetest shooting pistol I've ever owned and I've owned a lot. It will never be sold. Only gun I regret selling is an old wheel gun, 70's era Colt Python 357 Magnum.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2020, 11:46:27 AM »
I like mine.....
It has been through some transformation.
Thanks to CZ custom for internals and CJ Mavens for a face lift. Both fine options for work anyone would want done to a CZ.
CJ Mavens has done trigger work and helped me with a few other problems on my CZ's with skill and customer service
second to no one in the industry. Stuart at CZ Custom did this trigger on this SP-01 and it is like butter. but resets much quicker.
The gun is a fine tool that performs at a level I am incapable of experiencing.

The good thing about having sold one and now having a bit of remorse.....you can get another one.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline DesertRatR

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2020, 05:07:30 PM »
Everyone who replied has pretty much covered my thoughts ... but here goes.

For years I shot 2 guns in matches (outside of Cowboy): 1911 (easy to customize) in 45 ACP and 22 (Ruger lowers with Tacsol uppers, VQ triggers, plus a few other goodies). I had no idea what I was missing. Just about a year ago I happened by CZ Custom and decided to spring for a Shadow 1 they'd touched. All I can say is wow, what a difference. I still have all my other guns but the Shadow is now my favorite. The ergonomics are great in my hand, its really accurate, the recoil is a lot lower, really nice trigger, and I like heavy metal guns (I've bought several polymer guns, shot them for a while and sold them ... just didn't fit for me). I don't see me ever selling this, but adding to my CZ collection.

To my way of thinking, guns are like trucks and women. I like what I like. But try a few ....

Offline Steepandcheap

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 05:43:01 PM »
What's the distinction for the "tactical" version of the SP-01?

Offline DBlank72

Wish I'd never sold my SP-01 Tactical
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 05:51:17 PM »
What's the distinction for the "tactical" version of the SP-01?
Tactical means it has a decocker where the normal SP-01 has a safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline elhefe86

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 10:03:34 PM »
If you were buying a CZ name your top 2 choices.  Have many pistols, but never bought or fired a CZ yet.  Have looked at getting a Shadow 2 for some time now.

Offline eastman

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2020, 10:26:45 PM »
If you were buying a CZ name your top 2 choices.  Have many pistols, but never bought or fired a CZ yet.  Have looked at getting a Shadow 2 for some time now.

what do you want the pistol to do?

My favorite CZ range pistols would not be my choice for carry or home defense.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline elhefe86

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2020, 10:35:01 PM »

Range, as I have my EDC (Sig P365).  Have a few options for HD, but maybe Range and Defense. 

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »
For me ( purposes are IDPA matches, carry and HD)

P01 ( omega/ PCR)

SPO1T

P10 C/S

If strictly range use, probably the SP01 and probably a safety variant. But as I carry and shoot idpa, I prefer decockers.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline eastman

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 07:34:37 PM »

Range, as I have my EDC (Sig P365).  Have a few options for HD, but maybe Range and Defense.

if you want DA/SA - Shadow 2 or SP-01
SAO - TacSport or TacSport Orange, Shadow 2 SAO

for me, that means a TacSport and an SP-01 Tactical, both are in .40
I don't look like my avatar!