Author Topic: Another Set of houge Grips to be returned  (Read 5110 times)

Unregistered(d)

Another Set of houge Grips to be returned
« on: January 12, 2002, 04:51:18 PM »
I am returning the second set of Hogue Grips for my CZ85 back next week. Out of two sets neither set would fit, about 1/2 screw hole off, both sets. I don't think I will try another set. I would like to arder a set from Hawken on this site, but being out of country I am afraid that they my not fit also. Is there a location in Michigan that would stock his grips so I could try them?

Offline VonFatman

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2002, 07:56:18 PM »
If you promise to be a very good cowboy, I'll send you my grips, you can check them out.
VF
bforeman@sound.net
"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."
- Richard Henry Lee

Walt-Sherrill

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2002, 08:17:12 PM »
Cowboy1...

Are the grips for a CZ-85 or the newer CZ-85B?  

(I don't know if the grips are different on the older guns, but suspect they might be...)

Offline Hakan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2002, 09:24:03 PM »
cowboy1,

I've made grips for CZ 85 Combat and they fit without any problems...

Yes.. There is a slight differences for example between the grip frames of the CZ75 pre B and the B gun, but I make them in a way it should fit both...so if this is the case on your 85..I can make them the way they fit what ever CZ85 you put them onto;)

Carlos-czechpistols82792

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2002, 10:06:39 PM »
Cowboy: I have (I think) the same set of Hogue grips for my Mil (the one piece with finger grooves), they are a bit tricky to put on in the beginning, You basically mount one side (with the screw in), then pull the other side and hold it in place and set the screw, after a while it will stretch enough. I repeat,  you have to stretch 'em up a bit, Until the "shelf' (the part inside the grips catches on with the pistol frame, then you have to make sure the magazine brake pin is set properly (all the way in).
Of course the best solution to your situation will be to get a set of Hakan made grips, the will add value to your gun, I trully mean it.

Carlos

P.S Forgot to ask...are you the same Cowboy1 from 1911 RRA forum?

SSGD

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2002, 11:01:25 PM »
I ordered the Hogue grips for the 75/85 with the finger grooves on them.  Had to stretch them slightly to get the screw holes to line up.  After firing a couple of hundred rounds I took them off and remounted them again. After the second time they fit much better and the magazines once again free fall on my 85 Combat.  Don't despair, with a little patience and effort you can get them to fit very well.  I really like the improvement they make in the grip on my 85.  Tore up the side of my trigger finger clearing a jam, still was able to fire 200 more rounds because of the extra controlability the grips give me.  Like them so much, I just put a set of Hogue's on my Ruger Mark II Target in place of a set of Pachmyrs.

Always remember, Gun Control is hitting your target.

Unregistered(d)

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2002, 07:01:45 AM »
The cz 85 I have is the CZ 85 Combat.

Van Fatman: I am not sure what you mean that you will send me your grips, do you have a set of wood grips for sale, or a set made by Hakan that you are going to let me try.

Walt Sherrill: It is a newer C 85 Combat

Hakan:I my check out your web site and see what you have. The only problem right now is that I would like them in time for a trip out to FrontSight taining next Month.

Carlos: If I understand what you are saying, I have tried this already but even with the front notch in the frame there is not enough room to get the screw started. John at Hogue said I would have to send the gun into them for fitting, and that this is not an uncommon problem with the CZ's. Yes this is the same cowboy1 at the 1911 RRA forum and others.

SSGD: See above to Carlos, same idea I think.

Also would anyone know how to get in to change my profile, I would like to have my E-Mail so others can sent info directly to me.
Thank You