GENERAL > General Firearms Discussion

How to carry a single action auto.

(1/6) > >>

Snarlos Halfcock:
My question is , how do you carry a single action auto.
I am a 1911 guy. So it is condition 1 , all day every day. I consider it safe because of the grip safety.

How do you ccw a single action semi auto? Like a StarPD or a hi power?

M1A4ME:
I carry my P07, P01 Omega cocked and locked.  My Omega pistols have the safeties installed.

They have the firing pin block that keeps the firing pin from moving forward far enough to set off the round in the chamber if the trigger is not pulled to the rear.

Been carrying that old P07 DUTY for 10 years now.

Wobbly:

--- Quote from: Snarlos Halfcock on November 10, 2023, 01:55:15 AM ---How do you ccw a single action semi auto? Like a... hi power?

--- End quote ---
A BHP (or clone) is a single action only pistol. So you must carry it with one in the pipe and hammer at half cock. Then, like a Colt SA revolver, teach yourself to cock the hammer during the operation of drawing the pistol. Or, teach yourself to 'slingshot' the slide during holster draw.

The advantage of a modern DA pistol (like a CZ 75) is that from half-cock, the operator can simply pull the trigger. This is much easier to master for most.

Raven45:
Condition 1.  Cartridge chambered,  Hammer fully cocked.  Thumb safety on.

If you cannot carry this way or do not feel comfortable carrying this pistol in this condition, find yourself a DA only, DA/SA, or striker fired pistol and learn the proper manual of arms for that weapon.

Alcoy:
Condition 1 for me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version