Author Topic: Good deal?  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Daltanian

Good deal?
« on: August 20, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »
Hey guys,

Yesterday on Armslist I saw an urban grey suppressor ready P01 Omega with:

Threaded and non threaded barrels
5 total mags (2-15 round & 3-14 round)
Tier 1 Concealed Axis Holster
Lok Grips (thin bogies)

All for $520. Checking what the guns go for new, I thought I had to act fast if I wanted it. Luckily he replied to me first and after checking it out I bought it.

It was a bit of an impulse buy, but I have heard nothing but good things about this gun. Additionally, I think if I end up not liking it I might be able to sell it for a profit.

What do you guys think, did I get a good deal? Or was my wife right and I was "too quick to pull the trigger"?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Good deal?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 10:54:15 AM »
Sounds like a good deal to me.

A new one comes with 2 magazines.  The other 3 could cost you upwards of $60 or more.

A new/replacement barrel is around $150.

The light is around $85 to $90.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Daltanian

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 11:07:43 AM »
I actually already had the light, but the rest of what you mentioned were my thoughts as well. I think the Lok grips are around $60 or so.

It supposedly only has about 100 rounds through it and was  bought new a few months ago.

Offline TNman

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 11:28:58 AM »
Nice grab - excellent price
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
Good light.  I have two now, both on P01 Omegas.  Carried one out the door this morning for some dogs out of the pen time and a little bit of resizing/sorting of brass till the humidity brought the sweat on (73F, sitting in a chair in the garage and the humidity is so bad I'm sweating through my t-shirt - don't want sweat on the brass and I had to quit as my hands weren't far from starting to sweat).  It'll be decent weather here in central VA in about a month and the brass will cry when I walk through the door.

Anyway, you got a great deal.  It's not eve broken in yet.  Sort of like buying a new car that someone else test drove from the dealership to the mall and back and then changed their mind about buying.  It just got sort of "warmed up."
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Daltanian

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
The light seems great in the limited time I've spent with it. They seem very hard to beat for the price.

I'm excited to take it to the range and test it out. I've had a P07, SP01, and currently own a P10c and they have all shot very well, so I'm expecting the same from the P01.

Compared to some of my other guns, the reset is a bit a long and the DA pull is bit stout, but I'm sure a call to Cajun Gun Works can fix all that.

After buying it, I removed the Glock G43 I was carrying IWB and put on the P01 and I honestly didn't feel a huge difference. Looking at specs, the P01 is roughly 10-12 oz heavier, and maybe quality of the holster I got with it helped offset the extra weight, but that did make me excited to incorporate it into my carry rotation.

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 01:10:50 PM »
Sorry to have to break the news to you....looks like you were right and wife was wrong......glad I?m not the one to have to tell her  ;D .....but I?m sure this will be the one and only time  ::)

Offline Daltanian

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
Sorry to have to break the news to you....looks like you were right and wife was wrong......glad I?m not the one to have to tell her  ;D .....but I?m sure this will be the one and only time  ::)

It's a proud moment when I can tell her: "Hey, I told you I was right this time!".  Now I have hard evidence and we all know nothing screams truth like people on the internet...  ;)

Offline Sango

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »
You did great, great price, and she sure is a looker!
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline christak

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:08:08 PM »
Great deal!! Congrats!!

Offline Daltanian

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 10:09:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I went and shot it for the first time tonight and it's definitely different than my P10C and Canik TP9SFX.

I shot them back to back to back, and I think the P01 benefit greatly from some trigger work. Specifically the double action pull. The single action was decent.

I'm sure my familiarity with the P10C and TP9SFX plays a big part in it, but the P01 didn't seem to just shoot as naturally for me as the others. I'll also state the obvious though and say the surpressor sights probably didn't help.

I'm going to try and shoot it again tomorrow by itself before I form a solid opinion, but a call to Cajun Gun works might be in my future.

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
The only problem with Armslist, I do buy and sell there but only to locals, is there is no feedback to check. There are MANY, MANY stories of people selling things they don't own.

IF it is legit, gunshop, FFL holder, or G-broker history to check, it is a very good deal. 

anything