Author Topic: P07 WOW  (Read 4640 times)

Offline jimjc

P07 WOW
« on: September 10, 2017, 08:19:01 PM »
For years I've meant to get a CZ but I'd left the 1911 for lighter guns and all CZ's full sized guns are heavy.
Some years back I tried to find a P01 without success, they were tough to find then.

Fast forward to today I purchased a P10c and love it, it runs smooth and strong. The after reading so many good reviews about the P07 and with the good feelings about the P10c I decided to purchase a P07 at a show this weekend, I found one and it came home with me.

So I boned up on the YOUTUBE videos and handled it for 2 days and I really like it a lot. It fits me perfectly has the safety and the decocker, I like having the choice.

The P10c is a upgrade to the Glocks I've owned and I like the P07 better than my HK P2000 especially when you take the price difference and the stock Omega trigger.

So what's left, I've decided to get a P01 urban gray with the Omega trigger like the P07 and maybe a SP01 Tactical in urban gray for the range.

So there you have it I'm going to be a CZ advocate into the future.

Offline Indy_Tim

Re: P07 WOW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:43:05 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the addiction.  I decided years ago to focus on the CZ platform for the family and while I did wander from the course a couple of years ago, I'm firmly on track myself.  Sounds like you've found some of the best of the breed.

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Nice!

The P-10 conceals better than the Glock 19. It's easier to shoot well to some degree on some drills - with the Gen 5 it does not appear to be so but let's call it a toss up. The P-07 still carries and conceals better.

I love LEM but I really love the P-07; something about the smooth DA (CGW pistol)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jimjc

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:02:38 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the addiction.  I decided years ago to focus on the CZ platform for the family and while I did wander from the course a couple of years ago, I'm firmly on track myself.  Sounds like you've found some of the best of the breed.

Well, I finally got around to it. In some ways it's good because I now know exactly what I'm looking for whereas before I was constantly looking buying and selling. I always knew CZ's were good guns but they were not as available as others were. Anyway there are still some guns I like other than CZ's but I like almost the whole line of CZ's so there are many to look forward to. Which CZ's are you involved with now.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 10:18:40 PM »
Nice!

The P-10 conceals better than the Glock 19. It's easier to shoot well to some degree on some drills - with the Gen 5 it does not appear to be so but let's call it a toss up. The P-07 still carries and conceals better.

I love LEM but I really love the P-07; something about the smooth DA (CGW pistol)...

Yes I like the P07 better than my HK P2000 lem but it's a lem3 and the double action is heavy and the single action is heavier than the P07, I could have gone through changing the trigger to light LEM but why when I have a newer platform with the P07.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 11:45:13 PM »
Jimjc, welcome to the addiction! The P-07 is a great value and to me, far better than any overpriced HK. Had several different LEM models which didn't impress me at all so they found new homes fast. I prefer a real DAO .

I'm with you concerning the P-10 C over Glock, which has never really "fit" me without having major grip mods. All I need for my P-10 C is some night sights and I'm set. But it will probably still fit in behind my CZ 100 in the EDC rotation. Blasphemy, I know!!!

Keep us updated on your new found love interests and future additions to the family.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 08:45:07 AM »

Well, I finally got around to it. In some ways it's good because I now know exactly what I'm looking for whereas before I was constantly looking buying and selling. I always knew CZ's were good guns but they were not as available as others were. Anyway there are still some guns I like other than CZ's but I like almost the whole line of CZ's so there are many to look forward to. Which CZ's are you involved with now.

I've lost count, but think that I'm north of 17 in the collection.  Almost a third of the collection are pre-B CZs.  I'm a fan of the compacts too and have a compact 75B, P01, P07 (.40 and 9mm), P10C, SP01 Compact in both .40 and 9mm and a 40P.  The others are a P09, SP01 Tac, 75B in .40 and a high polish 75B.  My current favorite for carry is either the P01, P07 or P10C, with the P10 getting the most holster time lately.  For shooting, it's a toss up between the full size 75B in .40 and an '88 model pre-B that's been fully Cajunized.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »

I've lost count, but think that I'm north of 17 in the collection.  Almost a third of the collection are pre-B CZs.  I'm a fan of the compacts too and have a compact 75B, P01, P07 (.40 and 9mm), P10C, SP01 Compact in both .40 and 9mm and a 40P.  The others are a P09, SP01 Tac, 75B in .40 and a high polish 75B.  My current favorite for carry is either the P01, P07 or P10C, with the P10 getting the most holster time lately.  For shooting, it's a toss up between the full size 75B in .40 and an '88 model pre-B that's been fully Cajunized.

Now you're the man! Nice collection I haven't got into the pre B's there's so much CZhas in new guns, I'll run out of money before I exhaust these. At least I'm keeping the guns down to 9mm which helps. It's a little difficult finding the Urban Gray models now at a decent price so I'll just keep pushing forward, it's a tough job :)

Offline bunk22

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
Nice!

I don't believe the P10 conceals better than the G19, the 19 is smaller for one.  A bit lighter for two, if that helps.  As far as the Gen 5, not sure how it conceals with the flared grip but as far as a Gen 3 or 4, it conceals slightly easier for me. 
CZ P10C
Glock's, Sig's, HK's, Walther's, etc, etc
DD, Sig, SOLGW, Colt, Del-Ton, etc, etc

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 05:05:30 AM »
PCR conceals better than all of them and it's not peelastic! ;)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 07:52:04 AM »
PCR conceals better than all of them and it's not peelastic! ;)
That's really of no benefit though.  Plastic guns are ugly and need to be concealed but a PCR is beautiful and should be open carried to share it's beauty with everyone else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:15 AM »
Nice!

Yes I like the P07 better than my HK P2000 lem but it's a lem3 and the double action is heavy and the single action is heavier than the P07, I could have gone through changing the trigger to light LEM but why when I have a newer platform with the P07.
Mine has the "Todd L. Green" spring set which is the HEAVY Trigger Return Spring, LIGHT Firing Pin Block Spring and I think the DA/SA Mainspring or Hammer Spring.

Check the chart below.

With this configuration I won't ever sell it.

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:51 AM »
That chart sucks... let me try to find a better one.

Offline SKILCZ

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:07 AM »
For years I've meant to get a CZ but I'd left the 1911 for lighter guns and all CZ's full sized guns are heavy.
Some years back I tried to find a P01 without success, they were tough to find then.

Fast forward to today I purchased a P10c and love it, it runs smooth and strong. The after reading so many good reviews about the P07 and with the good feelings about the P10c I decided to purchase a P07 at a show this weekend, I found one and it came home with me.

So I boned up on the YOUTUBE videos and handled it for 2 days and I really like it a lot. It fits me perfectly has the safety and the decocker, I like having the choice.

The P10c is a upgrade to the Glocks I've owned and I like the P07 better than my HK P2000 especially when you take the price difference and the stock Omega trigger.

So what's left, I've decided to get a P01 urban gray with the Omega trigger like the P07 and maybe a SP01 Tactical in urban gray for the range.

Which do you like better between your P-10C and your P-07?

Offline jimjc

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

Which do you like better between your P-10C and your P-07?

I shot the P10c and it's a good shooter, accurate and with NO issues. This is going to be a difficult choice to choose one over another. I like striker fired guns but when you get a good DS action it's hard to beat, especially when you take the trigger into account. Cajun gun works does have some good stuff.

I'm not going to be one sided, they both are good guns and they fit my hands perfectly even though they fit differently. These are not going to be carried by me, I perfer smaller single stacks for that, so they will be home defense and range guns. I do have a 9mm race gun for the range and competition buy think these two guns could handle some comp. in certain matches if set up a little differently. The P07 has a threaded barrel which is about 1/2 inch longer which could be good for a little bit better for accuracy.

So all known you can't go wrong with either and I love both.