Author Topic: A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available  (Read 266679 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available
« on: October 15, 2016, 10:46:09 PM »
So this is covered in another thread but the name may not catch enough people to let them know. There is a batch of 500 pistols that are essentially SP-01 Compacts. See the thread and links below. CZ did verify when I called. Get one while you can if you've wanted a pistol like this! Ps the pics are screenshots of a gunbroker posting so you all can see something besides a stock photo. The other thread still has more info than this post at this first moment.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=83170.15

Cheapest I found it when I was looking...
http://www.mrgundealer.com/product.cz-usa-75-compact-9mm-rail-steel-frame-manual-safe-39

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Stuart

Re: A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:41:11 AM »
good looking pistol

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
A rare batch of SP-01 Compacts available
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 01:50:23 AM »
Someone took my idea and created an ambi controlled.... Error SP-01 with compact sized features. Hmm That didn't take long at all. Rofl. Kidding. I want one. Help my addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:03:24 AM by srREXed »
Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 02:19:47 AM »
Haha that's only help I can offer is to recommend you get one so you don't regret missing out on this rare batch...

Offline rhart

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 07:17:21 AM »
I bet they won't last long once people understand that supposedly only 500 of these were made.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:43:50 AM »
I'm betting you're right rhart. Anacortes show how many are in the warehouse. Don't know how accurate it really is buy supposedly they're down to 448. CZ did say they all went to one distributor, Bill something, so that makes sense that most would be in one warehouse.

https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/cz-75-compact-9mm-rail-steel-frame-manual-safe-148051

Offline DXT_Shooter

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:05:31 PM »
good looking pistol
Stuart you should bring some into CZ Custom and work your magic I bet you sell them like hot cakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline rhart

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:02 PM »
good looking pistol
Stuart you should bring some into CZ Custom and work your magic I bet you sell them like hot cakes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a good suggestion!
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 06:18:32 PM »
I'm betting you're right rhart. Anacortes show how many are in the warehouse. Don't know how accurate it really is buy supposedly they're down to 448. CZ did say they all went to one distributor, Bill something, so that makes sense that most would be in one warehouse.

https://www.anacortesgunshop.com/cz-75-compact-9mm-rail-steel-frame-manual-safe-148051

Bill 'something' would this be, and correct me if I'm getting on a high horse here, Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat??!?! If Bill Wilson asked CZ to run a batch of custom guns for his requirements to have his custom shop modify and put out into the market.... It's like what he did with Beretta with the 92s and the brigadier slides.... Hmm. My gears are turning now. A teaser batch of specifically modified CZ compacts that Bill Wilson was going to work on, and then failed somewhere along the 'let's make a deal' phase... So now they're just getting released into the marketplace. Could you imagine what Wilson Combat would do to the frames and slides?!?! My brain is in overdrive right now. A Wilson Combat CZ 75 Compact Shadow. I could be wrong. But I wish I lived to see such a thing. Wonder how they'd hang with a CGW mod gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2016, 07:13:40 PM »
Not Bill Wilson. The client who ordered these did not take delivery and so Cz-usa took them. Then they all went to one distributor. Sorry if my explanation wasn't clear....

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline beanz2

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 07:25:49 PM »
In 2013, I bought a CZ Compact from CZC that looks almost like this model, except the rollmark says "CZ75B Compact L"

Offline aceman4

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 07:47:47 PM »
So OP, did you buy one? If so, we would like a full report once it arrives.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 08:33:51 PM »
Sure did! Selling a Ruger SR-9c to fund part of it, covering the rest w some reloading funds. Did it because I've seen stories about those Compact L's and always wished I was into CZ's then and had gotten one. I am not like Joe L or SP01Shadow, but I will do my best to do a good review.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 12:49:44 PM »
I just bought one this morning. I'm very excited for it! I've been looking for a Shadow Line Compact for quite awhile, and have only seen one for sale for $1500 on GB awhile back since they went out of stock with CZC. This will do the trick nicely and should be functionally identical once I put CGW parts inside it.

As a lefty, i've always been disappointed that CZ has offered rather limited options for ambi safeties in their compact models. I've owned a P-02 before, but I hate the Omega trigger system. Honestly, I prefer the frame and slide of the standard compact model, but i've never been able to justify the hundreds of dollars it would cost to have the frame machined and fitted for an ambi safety.

Seeing that I just finalized ordering an Accu-Compact build with CZC, I probably shouldn't have bought this as well, but I know this would be one i'd be kicking myself over had I waited, as limited-run CZs are very difficult to find and costly on the secondary market.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:24 PM »
Congratulations! The waiting period is terrible for me, everytime!

anything