Author Topic: 452 ULTRA LUX  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Madcap

452 ULTRA LUX
« on: October 02, 2018, 12:04:30 AM »
Somebody said that to admit to a problem is suppose to be the first step to the road to recovery...... so, I found a 452 Ultra Lux NIB and bought another CZ OK?  I could have said no, but believe fate was on my side and that's all I have to say about that. It was expensive too, especially with the stinking shipping too, OK? Yeh, well, so...?

It's almost Christmas anyway. Okay?

Offline wagon

Re: 452 ULTRA LUX
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 01:22:17 AM »
One word :  CZitis.   No cure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wiley Coyote

• It Ain't Easy Being Me!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 07:35:50 AM »
One word :  CZitis.   No cure...

Just posted this on another thread, but it's definitely applicable here:

This dreaded malady has no known cure. All we can do is treat the symptoms with the periodic acquisition of a new addition to our collections. I've only had it now for four months and am already on my second purchase. Enjoy the disease with the rest of us.
Clayton

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 09:46:54 AM »
I'm up to three since January of this year. First one fell out of the sky during a casual search. Second was a calculated purchase. The third one simply fell into my lap out of nowhere (and happens to be my current favorite).

I'm already keeping an eye out for number four . . . :P
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Madcap

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 03:53:56 PM »
I'm certain I've caught the disease. Wish there was a CZ rifle club somewhere near me, I'll have to check...if nothing else at least maybe a support group....

Offline Madcap

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 08:44:32 PM »
It's been delivered to my FFL so hopefully I can claim it tomorrow....now I gotta find longer cleaning rod. Good grief, I can see this isn't going to end very soon.

Offline Wiley Coyote

• It Ain't Easy Being Me!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:12 AM »
I've got a 452 American and Grand Finale. I'm jumping up and down trying to convince myself I can afford a 452 Varmint. Right now that idea's on HOLD.
Clayton

Offline viking499

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »
It's been delivered to my FFL so hopefully I can claim it tomorrow....now I gotta find longer cleaning rod. Good grief, I can see this isn't going to end very soon.

Get a 17 caliber cleaning rod if you do not already have one.  The 17 rod works better in the CZ's than the 22 caliber rods.

Offline Madcap

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
I bought a .20 cal 38" rod and started cleaning the bore. Whatever that brown residue is, it's very difficult to remove and have wonder if it will ever be clean. Everything from Hoppe's to mineral spirits to Non-Chlorinated brake cleaner has been tried but hasn't made any difference yet after 100 patches or so...

Offline tothemax

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 01:22:23 AM »
Where are you guys finding these???  I only want one... somebody please sell me one 8) 8)

I regret having sold mine and now I need to buy it back ...

Somebody said that to admit to a problem is suppose to be the first step to the road to recovery...... so, I found a 452 Ultra Lux NIB and bought another CZ OK?  I could have said no, but believe fate was on my side and that's all I have to say about that. It was expensive too, especially with the stinking shipping too, OK? Yeh, well, so...?

It's almost Christmas anyway. Okay?

Offline Madcap

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 11:56:06 PM »
I don't know if they still have any left but check "  Precise Shooter " - I discovered them searching the net - nice guys I think they're in WA.
Good luck hope you fine one.

Offline zukiphile

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 12:31:31 PM »
It was expensive too, especially with the stinking shipping too, OK? Yeh, well, so...?

This has me dragging my feet on selling mine.  The box it came in is so long, I know shipping is going to be a fortune.  I'm also concerned about getting it to a buyer without that long barrel getting bent at some pint in the deliver process.  I didn't worry about that when sending my BRNO 4 out into the world, but it didn't have that skinny barrel.