Author Topic: EXTENDED SLIDE STOP FOR THE 97B  (Read 5752 times)

SPO1SHADOW

EXTENDED SLIDE STOP FOR THE 97B
« on: May 13, 2017, 07:59:09 PM »
Just in case anyone wants to upgrade their short OEM slide stop, the new Shadow extended slide stop is a direct replacement now. No modifying of the inside lift peg is necessary. They now come with the exact same profile as the OEM 97B slide stop. I received one in today fully expecting to have the cut and re-profile the inner lever that the magazine follower lifts to activate the slide lock and to my surprise they are an exact match now. Took the gun out and ran 100 rounds of SWC's and 100 rounds of 230 RN just to make sure. Works just like Roscoe.

Offline Tok36

Re: EXTENDED SLIDE STOP FOR THE 97B
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
Do you mean the slide stop for the Shadow 2 or are you talking about a different one?

Edit: Clarification in reply#4.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 04:19:47 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline rhart

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:45:35 PM »
I believe the S2, SP01 Compact, P01, and 97B all use the same slide stop.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »
The one I purchased is the new version extended slide stop for the Shadow. You can see both versions on CZ Custom's website, they refer to the long and short "nub" but I do not notice the extended version for the Shadow there. The older version must be cut and re-profiled so the bullets don't hit it on the way into the chamber. I purchased this one from CGW.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:05:30 AM by SPO1SHADOW »

SPO1SHADOW

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 12:19:28 PM »
To eliminate any confusion here are pictures of what I am speaking of. I have worn the internet out and have not found another slide stop that looks exactly like the new one I received. It has some extra beef in the area of the shaft and a step milled into the middle of the outside of the stop. I have provided the part number and pictures below.

Here are both the OEM and new slide stops. The one on the right is the new extended version with the nub already profiled to work in the 97B.

New one on the right.

Part number.

How it looks on the gun.
OEM

Extended.

Photobucket has become such a pain in the butt this stuff now takes forever. I hope this helps anyone else looking to upgrade their slide stop, it sure makes life easier for me plus it looks great too.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »
Thank you for the clarification and the pics SPO1SHADOW. Ill need to grab one for my 97.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline haywizzle

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
To eliminate any confusion here are pictures of what I am speaking of. I have worn the internet out and have not found another slide stop that looks exactly like the new one I received. It has some extra beef in the area of the shaft and a step milled into the middle of the outside of the stop. I have provided the part number and pictures below.

Here are both the OEM and new slide stops. The one on the right is the new extended version with the nub already profiled to work in the 97B.

New one on the right.

Part number.

How it looks on the gun.
OEM

Extended.

Photobucket has become such a pain in the butt this stuff now takes forever. I hope this helps anyone else looking to upgrade their slide stop, it sure makes life easier for me plus it looks great too.

Hey there. I think I sold you that slide stop. It came from a shadow spare parts kit that I bought in late February from CZ-USA. Link: https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/10999_Spare-Parts-Kit-Sp01-Shadow

Offline nevada

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 09:48:10 PM »
The stop at CGW is different than the stop in photos here, and says it needs to be modified to work in the 97B. I really like the one in these photos. Maybe CGW hasn't updated their pic yet.
https://cajungunworks.com/product/2es-shadow-slide-stop/

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
The factory slide stop for CZ97B and my "Turkish ministry of interior production overrun"  CZ75B look similar..are they interchange?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline thedude

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 11:35:21 AM »
I know this thread is old, but can anyone confirm the current part # or link for the extended slide stop and if it will now fit the 97B without needing to be modified/reshaped? 

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
I know this thread is old, but can anyone confirm the current part # or link for the extended slide stop and if it will now fit the 97B without needing to be modified/reshaped?

I imagine CGW could if you call them.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline sfzx

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 10:12:57 PM »
Call David at CGW I just spoke with him about this part the # is 2ES and the cost is 35.00.  It does not fit shadow2 but does first 97b and bd