Author Topic: Going off half cocked  (Read 2847 times)

Offline czTonyZ

Going off half cocked
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:19:55 PM »
I noticed that the de-cocker on my RAMI drops the hammer to half cocked position.

In Carry use do most people prefer to carry in the half cocked or full hammer down position?

In Competition use, are there rules or preferences to half cocked vs full hammer down?

Cheers,
Tony

Offline Crawl

Re: Going off half cocked
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:33:16 PM »
Regarding DA/SA guns...

In Competition you begin with hammer fully decocked.

Decocker CZs are designed to be carried decocked to the safety notch. It provides a shorter double action trigger pull for the first shot, and it is an additional safety feature that prevents the gun from accidental discharge.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »
Depends on competition.  ASI and our local concealed carry allow you to use the decocker, which lowers the hammer to half cock.  Most people I know actually carry DA/SA pistols carry with the pistol at half cock.  Have not fired IDPA or USPSA matches, so must defer to others.

Best wishes. 

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 04:16:10 PM »
I noticed that the de-cocker on my RAMI drops the hammer to half cocked position.

In Carry use do most people prefer to carry in the half cocked or full hammer down position?

The idea of decocker is to drop the hammer to half cock position.
You can carry in any position you like... but like Crawl mentioned - half-cock position give a little bit faster shot.
If you carry with rounded chamber, there is no reason to lower the hammer fully down... it may even cause negligent discharge for some operators.

Online SoCal

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 09:03:51 PM »
In USPSA Production and Carry Optics DA/SA with a decocker you use the decocker, if manual safety then hammer fully down.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Raven45

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 05:53:11 PM »
In USPSA Production and Carry Optics DA/SA with a decocker you use the decocker, if manual safety then hammer fully down.

This is true for IDPA competition as well.