Author Topic: Kadet version to mimic a carry rmr pistol suggestions  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Dasashooter

Kadet version to mimic a carry rmr pistol suggestions
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:40:27 PM »
I am trying out red dots for carry (have not decided if possible will wait for Aimpoint or just go rmr type 2). To aid training I want have a da/sa model with decocker that is close to practice quickly acquiring the dot from the draw. Does anyone make a mount that is fairly low for the kadet kits? Or does someone look me CZ Customs do their multi optic milling for a kadet. Thinking best bet is kadet 2 as the weight should not change sliding weight.

Offline painter

Re: Kadet version to mimic a carry rmr pistol suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »
The Springer Precision mount is fairly low. Obviously not as low as a milled slide. Be aware the Kadet uses the Shadow mount, which I don't see listed. You might have to call.

I use one on my Kadet with a Fast Fire III.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Dasashooter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:14:32 AM »
As an update if anyone else is looking. Springer is not currently making the shadow mount plate. I had an extra rmr so plate options were limited. Ended up going with a cz custom multi plate mount (dovetail style not the mill). Once I have more use can update how it goes.

Offline snacks

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
Would like to see how your setup looks with an rmr.  Having it milled is costly.  Since going the trijicon rmr mount is about $200 plus the milling and finding the corresponding front sight. 

I have the same setup on a 1911.  It's a real nice setup but costly.

anything