Author Topic: Hickcock45 on the CZ Shadow 2  (Read 1015 times)

Online 2bfree

Hickcock45 on the CZ Shadow 2
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:52:58 PM by Grendel »

Offline Criz

Re: Hickcock45 on the CZ Shawdow 2
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:31:16 PM »
I used to like watching him.
But, if it isn't striker and a Glock, he doesn't really care. 
There are better less biased reviewers.
Army - 67N Crewchief - before the crashhawks.
My other weapon is a Ducati.

Offline Stojanovich

Re: Hickcock45 on the CZ Shadow 2
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:32:12 AM »
Definitely not one of his best but, you can tell that Hickok45 doesn't do much prep work/rehearsal before making one of his videos. Probably shoots a couple of magazines before hitting 'record' and ad-libs the rest. I just enjoy watching the old guy shoot. Most of us can only dream of having a personal range like that and he looks like he's having a great time no matter what he's shooting. 
CZ 75B Compact
CZ 75B Matte Stainless
CZ 75D PCR
CZ P-01 (2)
CZ Shadow 2 (2)
CZ Custom SP-01 Shadow Orange

Offline tde44

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:43 AM »
+1

Offline Grizzlie

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 10:56:33 AM »
I hate to admit it, but Yankee marshal had a  'good' video about the types of YouTubers. You watch Hickok for Hickok, not for his uber review skills. You watch Lovell for his skills and mindset, not for his reviews. You watch Mr guns and gear for his reviews, not his entertainment.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

'...if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence'

Offline cattivo

Re: Hickcock45 on the CZ Shawdow 2
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »
I used to like watching him.
But, if it isn't striker and a Glock, he doesn't really care. 
There are better less biased reviewers.

I don't know if that's true. He did a review on the Sig P210A. Admitted he didn't have any knowledge or expectation of what to expect of a Sig costing that much. In the end he was impressed, and gave it praise in spite of the price tag.

Offline Ferguson191919

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:02 PM »
All of Hickock's vids from before 2015 are amazing.  I don't know if he covered every gun that interested him that time frame or he changed his meds... but he sure doesn't seem to enjoy it anymore.

I don't know if that's true. He did a review on the Sig P210A. Admitted he didn't have any knowledge or expectation of what to expect of a Sig costing that much. In the end he was impressed, and gave it praise in spite of the price tag.

He dumps on every sig for having a high bore axis, i think he felt compelled to pretend to like the only one that doesnt.

Offline gumby

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 01:39:06 AM »
With 3 million subscribers, patreon, advertising---its all about the money.  He retired early from teaching because he made more money at his website.   He deserves the money because he has earned it.

Offline jnichols2

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »
I really like Hickok45, but even I was surprised to see 11 rapid fire bullseyes.
Great shooting, even for him.

Offline jerico

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »
Just glad he was finally able to post the S2  for the broader viewing audience ..

Offline thedude

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 06:07:02 PM »
He definitely shot it well, not sure why he only fired a few rounds at the gong.  He pointed out that it was probably heavy for carry a lot and not that easily concealable, but honestly how many people are looking at a shadow 2 for carry? 

Online Luvdog

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 06:24:43 PM »
I’m sure I’ll get blasted, but I don’t watch his videos anymore.  I am jealous, he has a fantastic backyard range, gets free guns and free ammo... but the content of his videos doesn’t do much for me.  He doesn’t really get in to the details of a review.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 07:17:10 AM »
I really like Hickok45, but even I was surprised to see 11 rapid fire bullseyes.

I was surprised to see him go on for so long without really saying anything new.

I think his rapid fires were to try and get the action to malfunction and that he was disappointed that it didn't.

Bottom Line - this video should have been titled..."Shadow 2 - once you start you can't stop shooting it!"
CZ24,CZ27,CZ38,CZ40P,CZ45,CZ52,Vzor 50,Vzor 70,CZ75BΩ,CZ75D PCR Compact,,CZ75 P01,CZ75 P07 Duty,SP-01 Phantom,SP01 Tactical,CZ Shadow 2 Urban Grey,CZ P09 Duty,P10C,CZ 82, CZ83,CZ 85,CZ 97BE,CZ100,CZ 1911A1,CZ 2075BD RAMI,CZ 452 American,CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper,CZ 805 Bren,CZ Drake G2,DUO & Z

Offline dragon813gt

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:48 AM »
I’m sure I’ll get blasted, but I don’t watch his videos anymore.
I don’t either.  It’s the same thing over and over.  I’m not a fan of any review type channels.  There’s very little substance to them.  Watching a video of someone shoot a gun is like watching paint dry to me.

Offline Stojanovich

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

I was surprised to see him go on for so long without really saying anything new.

I think his rapid fires were to try and get the action to malfunction and that he was disappointed that it didn't.

Bottom Line - this video should have been titled..."Shadow 2 - once you start you can't stop shooting it!"

Like I said, definitely not one of his better efforts.  It's like he got hold of a Shadow 2 and said, "OK, let's get this over with for all the CZ fanboys pestering me about it..." and started rolling the video without any of the usual backstory.  Hickok45 usually shares some interesting tidbits about a gun's history, evolution, etc. but, he didn't do that for the Shadow 2.  Disappointing to be sure, considering the Shadow 2 is such a significant achievement for CZ.  I watched his original CZ 75 videos on YouTube years ago and enjoyed them very much.  Apparently, he did too because he did a follow-up Part 2 a year or so later.  The best review I've watched on YouTube was this one by Alabama Arsenal.  Ignore the fact that it's kind of a shill video for Ghost holsters and the melancholy soundtrack is a bit odd and out of place.  Decent review overall, though.

CZ 75B Compact
CZ 75B Matte Stainless
CZ 75D PCR
CZ P-01 (2)
CZ Shadow 2 (2)
CZ Custom SP-01 Shadow Orange

anything