Author Topic: Another recoil spring question...  (Read 245 times)

Online daved20319

Another recoil spring question...
« on: October 10, 2018, 11:25:28 AM »
So my P-07 has the captive recoil spring assembly.  Does it get changed as an assembly, spring and guide rod, or does the guide rod come apart, and if so, how?  And if it is an assembly, are they available with different spring rates, or do you have to change to a separate rod and spring?  Thanks.

Dave

Offline inkw8ll

Re: Another recoil spring question...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »
I use the DPM RRS for my CZs

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

CZ TSO 9mm

Online daved20319

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
Not trying to be rude, because I appreciate you taking the time to respond, but how does that response answer any of my questions?  I wasn't looking for a suggestion on what to use, I was looking for a better understanding of my new to me pistol, and what my options are.  But I will look into the DPM RRS just to satisfy my curiosity as to what it is.  Later.

Dave

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 03:31:28 PM »
I am unclear if there are captured recoil spring assemblies in different weights available for the CZ P-series pistols. When i installed the Pro Grade parts package from Cajun Gun Works in my CZ P-09 the kit came with a few different weight replacement recoil springs and a replacement standard steel guide rod (like an SP-01 guide rod). For clarity the replacement recoil spring set up is not captured.

I am interested to hear the input of other forum members on your question. I am thinking that i have read of another member taking his factory P series guide rod apart but i am not 100%.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:00:11 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
Yes the captured assembly can be changed as an assembly and doesn't come apart,at least mine did not. I'm not sure as to different spring weights so I'd call CZ USA and ask about that. I ordered a stainless steel guide rod from CGW for my P-07 and I use the factory stock blue recoil spring in my gun.
Even if the assembly is available in different weights switching it out for the non captured style guide rod opens the door to easily switch to different springs and not be stuck with an assembly that didn't work out.

Online daved20319

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »
Thanks, guys.  For now, I'm leaving it mostly as is until my PCR arrives, I'll spend money first on whichever I end up liking more  ;).  I probably should do something about the recoil system in the P07, though, as it's throwing brass 10-15'.  Seems a little excessive  ::).  Later.

Dave

anything