Author Topic: cz 75 trigger job  (Read 189 times)

Offline turbomagnumslaven

cz 75 trigger job
« on: October 10, 2018, 02:59:03 PM »
Hi everyone!
I own a pre B cz 75 produced 1990 according to the stamps on the slide. I would like to reduce the trigger travel, my primary concern is single action. I was thinking about installing a Cajun Gun Work 75115 Production legal kit which includes a trigger with springs, firing pin with spring, the RHK Race hammer kit with a sear, and other small springs and pins. I addressed to CGW with this issue, and they recommend installment of Race hammer kit with a sear only, or the Single action only trigger.  I would like to keep the DA/SA option. Weight of pull on single action mode doesn't worries me, because cz 75 already has decent trigger pull weight. The only thing I do not like is the trigger travel. I wouldn't like to spend much more with no positive outcome if I could fix this problem with a simple solution. Any thoughts and recommendations? I appreciate your help.

Offline tdogg

Re: cz 75 trigger job
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 07:01:56 PM »
In DA you are stuck with the long pull by design.  You can limit the pretravel with a Type 2 disconnector and the post trigger travel with a trigger with pre and post travel setscrews.  In SA you will get a significantly crisper trigger with a race hammer.  The amount of trigger creep with be negligible with the race hammer.

I'm not sure what components will drop in with older pre B guns?  Are you doing this work yourself or sending it in?  If sending it in just tell CGW what your after and they will make it happen.  They don't push unnecessary parts and are super helpful to make sure the work done fit your needs.  Be careful though, it's like crack, you don't need much to be addicted.  There's a reason they don't push parts, they don't need to, the parts sell themselves. :)

Cheers,
Toby
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:03:13 PM by tdogg »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 08:24:47 PM »
 To get the shortest SA reset, you need to fit a CGW type 3 disco. If you don't want to fit, the Type1 will drop in most of the time. You can move the trigger starting position back with some filing on the disco, but that's not an entry level operation.
 On mine, DA pre-travel is so minimal a pre-travel screw is useless. SA reset is a little over 1mm. I use an 85C trigger with over travel screw. The short reset kit and type 2 disco are for B models.

Offline Stuart

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 08:44:04 PM »
for a Pre B gun, you would want to run new hammer. CZC competition, or Ghost Competition, CGW race or CZ USA has a Spur hammer that is super nice and has short hook geometry.
for shorter take up in SA mode. CZC pre B disconnector or gunsmith fit  or one of the CGW disconnectors.
for a shorter DA, CZC Short Reach DA kit for PRe B or the CGW reach reduction kit.

Lots of options to work with.
stuart@czcustom.com
czcustom.com

Offline tdogg

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 11:02:02 PM »
Doh!   Right no block on a pre b, so no need for short reset kit.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 07:49:59 AM »
What year did the hammer width change?  My Pre B CZ85 has a wider hammer than my B model pistols.  I think it's the width where it fits into the back of the slide but a thinner hammer might look funny if the slide is from the wider hammer days.

And that CZ USA spur hammer is nice.  I put one on a Compact and the trigger pull is really crisp now.  No stoning/polishing done, just the spur hammer and the original sear.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

anything