Author Topic: Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Caspian

Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »
After pistol shooting (and building) comes Guitar playing (and building)

You may know a thing that is not true. But in understanding that thing, there can be ONLY truth. To reach that understanding and find the truth, you will need contrast, not adherence to a single idea. You'll find the truth in the contrast.

Offline MadDuner

Re: Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »
I enjoy outings with my pickup - like this one during a dust storm down in Tucson.....

Note:
I apologize for the huge size.
It doesn't come out this size on other forums.

Offline snakeye

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:31:53 PM »
Guns and golf is my life....I get to shoot at something in both  :P :P :P :P

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:57 AM »
..."other hobbies"...?  8) ;D

Offline Caspian

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 04:38:17 AM »
Guns and golf is my life....I get to shoot at something in both  :P :P :P :P

Ever tried combining them?  O0
You may know a thing that is not true. But in understanding that thing, there can be ONLY truth. To reach that understanding and find the truth, you will need contrast, not adherence to a single idea. You'll find the truth in the contrast.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:55:57 AM »
Travel and photography.

Death Valley

Maui

Cuba

Iceland

Iceland

Oahu

Death Valley

Alaska

Monument Valley

Paris

Bryce Canyon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 01:33:29 PM by anonymouscuban »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 07:54:53 AM »
Those are some awesome pictures.

If I got to go more I suppose kayak fishing would be a hobby.  Between the weather and lack of real enthusiasm in the family for getting out on the water with the kayaks and the fishing poles I've been out once so far this whole darn year.  I think it was three times last year.  I'm to the point where I should just go by myself but then it's a pond/lake outing as it's tough to float a river by yourself.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
Awesome photos Anonymous!

Offline Caspian

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:58:46 AM »
Awesome photos Anonymous!

Agreed.  Those are Travel Brochure quality.  Well done.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
Those are awesome photos indeed!

As for myself, I enjoy driving/travel, since I do lots of miles annually doing road trips when I’m not doing my job driving a semi, which has been my occupation for the last 18 years. The purpose for those road trips however (and why I like the routes I drive for work), is my other love besides firearms and shooting:

ROLLER COASTERS!

I guess you could say I’m a bit of a junkie, having a pass for all the parks in the respective Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and SeaWorld/Busch Gardens chains, along with Holiday World, and finally Dollywood (which also gets me a 50% admission discount to both Silver Dollar City and Wild Adventures).

My favorite one, though Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster, El Toro, and Intimidator 305 aren’t far behind!

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 01:36:06 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone. If anyone is interested, I share my travel photos on Instagram. Love if you'd follow me. You can find me at  www.instagram.com/alexsotelophotography
Are pictures 2, 3 and 4 from South America? maybe Patagonia? Thanks
I labeled the photos with locations.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »
I'm still working, but photography (anonymouscuban's are better!), videography now, plus shooting.  I built and raced drag race cars for 15 years...twice, but back and shoulder problems ended that one.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »
Those are awesome photos indeed!

As for myself, I enjoy driving/travel, since I do lots of miles annually doing road trips when I’m not doing my job driving a semi, which has been my occupation for the last 18 years. The purpose for those road trips however (and why I like the routes I drive for work), is my other love besides firearms and shooting:

ROLLER COASTERS!

I guess you could say I’m a bit of a junkie, having a pass for all the parks in the respective Cedar Fair, Six Flags, and SeaWorld/Busch Gardens chains, along with Holiday World, and finally Dollywood (which also gets me a 50% admission discount to both Silver Dollar City and Wild Adventures).

My favorite one, though Steel Vengeance, Top Thrill Dragster, El Toro, and Intimidator 305 aren’t far behind!
That's awesome. I used to love roller coasters. I can't handle them as well anymore. I can do one every few hours but back to back like before and I'm done for. LOL
Travel and photography.

Absolutely stunning pictures anonymouscuban.
Of course, as a French man, the pyramid of the Louvre got me more interested. But the others are equally mesmerizing.

For me, other hobbies are .... Youtube videos about guns ..... Raising rabbits (for meat) ..... fixing everything in my house that's falling apart, and others that are not  ::) ..... cooking a lot, maybe too much (I also make cooking videos) ...... running (when its not too hot) ...... and weekend parties with my life long friends.
I remodeled are last home and our current home pretty much all myself. Complete guts of bathrooms, kitchen, plumbing, electrical, flooring windows, doors. Very satisfying to do things yourself.

Oh... and thought I'd share a few more photos of Paris for you.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:09:06 PM by anonymouscuban »

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
Remarkable photos - outstanding really. Very impressive, I'm sure you enjoy it but honestly I hope you get paid for such fine work :D
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E American .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline gumby

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
I play the pipes with the Nicholson Pipes and Drums.

anything