Author Topic: Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?  (Read 583 times)

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
Re: Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
Remarkable photos - outstanding really. Very impressive, I'm sure you enjoy it but honestly I hope you get paid for such fine work :D
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E American .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline gumby

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 06:19:37 PM »
I play the pipes with the Nicholson Pipes and Drums.

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
That's awesome. I used to love roller coasters. I can't handle them as well anymore. I can do one every few hours but back to back like before and I'm done for. LOL
That really sucks! Most I have ever done in one day was when I marathoned Fury 325 at Carowinds closing day last year, 52x in about 9 1/2 hours. I’m still a rookie however, as I only have a total of 150 or so different coasters ridden so far. Many more to go!

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 09:27:49 PM »
I'll build a kitchen every now and then. It's actually fun now that I don't have to do it for a living.

No matter where you're going, there you are.

Online Earl Keese

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 09:50:42 PM »
Aside from shooting, I enjoy reloading and predator hunting(still learning). After years in the body shop/paint business I'm burned out on cars but hope to complete one last project - a 72 Fiat B Coupe race car.

Offline 2wheelwander

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 10:02:38 PM »
1st of all, STUNNING pics, you need your own thread.  Just beautiful.  Really admire you talent and eye!

My other primary hobby is motorcycles.  Stable is down to 4.  My biggest thrill there is riding a few thousand miles into the middle of nowhere.  I avoid big metro and try to stick to secondary/back roads and never eat at franchised places.  I've been blessed to literally stumble into some really neat places and situations. Pennsylvania to the Pacific, Washington State to South Carolina.  Still on the bucket list is the Southwest and North East.  Miss my family when I'm gone, but nothing like being miles from civilization.  Used to SCUBA dive, hope to get back into that.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 12:17:16 AM »
Motorcycles are the other primary hobby for me too. Like guns, it can be a sickness. In August I flew to Oregon, bought a bike I had only seen pics of (and maintenance records), and rode it back to IL. Also have a KTM adventure and a dirt bike, plus a couple of Harley’s I don’t pay much attention to anymore. Right now I’m looking for a bike to turn into a cafe racer sort of thing.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »
I dabble with making knives too. Grinding on steel is a great stress reliever. I call these my "fifth of whiskey and bottle of tranquilizers".

That reminds me - I need to get started on one for the forum Christmas giveaway!
No matter where you're going, there you are.

Offline dragon813gt

Besides firearms, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2018, 04:12:30 PM »
All of my hobbies are pretty much on hold since I took a job that has me traveling five days a week.  Any time at home is spent raising the 1yo and 4yo boys.  Before this job my other hobbies were gardening and water cooled VWs.  Now I only grow food that needs little to maintenance, like potatoes. 

I’ve gone from having five VWs at the beginning of the year to one.  All I have left is a 92 MKII GTI w/ a completely custom engine/turbo setup running Megasquirt.  Selling my 04 MKIV GTI that was putting down 500hp on 1.8 liters was hard.  But I don’t miss the upkeep that a show car requires.  It had a whole lot more than engine work.  I plan on selling the 92 come spring as I’m tired of little things always breaking.  No point in having a fast car if it’s never on the road.

Offline Practical Shooter

• Life's just too short
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 06:01:14 PM »

My other primary hobby is motorcycles.  Stable is down to 4.  My biggest thrill there is riding a few thousand miles into the middle of nowhere.  I avoid big metro and try to stick to secondary/back roads and never eat at franchised places.  I've been blessed to literally stumble into some really neat places and situations. Pennsylvania to the Pacific, Washington State to South Carolina.  Still on the bucket list is the Southwest and North East.  Miss my family when I'm gone, but nothing like being miles from civilization.  Used to SCUBA dive, hope to get back into that.

Have you done some of the TAT? (Trans American Trail). It really was a privilege to plan and ride some of it. But riding a motorcycle in the middle of almost nowhere is sometime insane. I do prefer diving with sharks, as I did in the Caribbeans a long time ago.

If we are talking about bucket list, mine is to sail around the world, my wish is to do it alone, but will be a lot smarter to do it with someone else. I have had the experience and qualifications for the last 30 years but never had the guts nor the opportunity to go through with it  :(

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 07:24:56 PM »
Besides Shooting, I too enjoy reloading and customizing Guns
I load all of my Centerfire Ammo (other than Shotgun and PD / CC Ammo)
Here are a few of my Die sets:

And I've customized quite a few of my "Toys":

I also enjoy cooking and eating great BBQ
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the last 8 years !

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 11:21:12 AM »
I dabble with making knives too. Grinding on steel is a great stress reliever. I call these my "fifth of whiskey and bottle of tranquilizers".

That reminds me - I need to get started on one for the forum Christmas giveaway!
Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
I like shooting to reload, and reloading to shoot... for both metallic cartridges and shotshell.

I also enjoy nice vintage European motorcycles. I live in the foothills of the Blue Ridge and it's a blast to get out and get some fresh air on the back roads with friends.

Also enjoy helping and encouraging young people. I'm the youth shoot coordinator at my gun club where I host 2 different youth Scholastic Clays shotgun teams, and introduce beginners to the .22 rifle. Lately I started working with legal aliens at my church in ESOL classes... which to my surprise does NOT have many Mexicans. Lots of people from SE Asia and Africa. About half of which have college degrees and left great jobs for a chance to emigrate here and start over at the bottom. That's been really eye opening.
See my Dillon 550 for sale in the Classifieds !!

In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline painter

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 06:59:20 AM »
I like riding motorcycles also, but I avoid the street these days and spend time on the track.

It could use some paint, but if I paint it I'll just crash it....again. :P
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 08:03:51 AM »
Hiking...
Used to own a CZ Jawa...