Author Topic: P-10C fixes?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline copemech

P-10C fixes?
« on: October 15, 2018, 11:38:04 PM »
So what happened to all the info on these, as I thought there were some stickies posted on the common issues!

Yes, I finally broke down and got one. The trigger sucks, the mag won't release, nor will the slide, but other than that the gun is fine, I guess. Just needs some love, right?

I showed it to one of my ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggglock buddies, and he actually laughed at me! Problem was I had to laugh as well! O0

I only have one other striker gun, a Canik, and it is not too bad, but all my others are hammer guns that are massaged and work well.

I want to like this thing, but something has to give here to beat stuff like the P-07 in Cajun trim!

Offline Earl Keese

Re: P-10C fixes?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:36:19 AM »
Did you buy an old one or one of the newer ones with updates?
Exactly how does the trigger suck?
Did you try dropping a loaded mag?
Have you lubed anything?
 Some details would be helpful.

Offline copemech

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:01:21 PM »
Did you buy an old one or one of the newer ones with updates?
Exactly how does the trigger suck?
Did you try dropping a loaded mag?
Have you lubed anything?
 Some details would be helpful.

Earl, it is a new one so I guess it has all the updated stuff.

The trigger is snagging on the dongle thing a bit, bring it to the wall and then it starts getting rough. Then after a lot of creep it may finally break when all the way back and NO overtravel, or if pulled slowly it may not want to break unless you pull it abnormally hard against the stop. Pull weight in general is about 6 lbs if I were to guess, nothing special for sure.

It has rained here for a week, so dryfire was the only play, no rounds in the gun and straight out of the box. I have little doubt that things will break in a bit, but I could not release the slide or the mag with one finger regardless.  :-\
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:14:33 PM by copemech »

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
 Does it have a notch cut in the rear of the slide by the cover plate? That would indicate the most recent updates.
 I broke in my mag release by pulling down on the mag lightly and working the button. Can't help with the slide release, mine worked from the start. Honestly, I didn't love mine from the start and don't really love it now. . .but it works extremely well when run fast. I shot it in a match for the first time Sunday, and times were comparable to my tuned pre-b.
 If you love nicely tuned hammer guns, a striker gun- even tuned, just doesn't measure up. My P10 has pretty much every available part in it and a fair amount of polishing and still feels unrefined compared to my hammer CZ's. Emotions aside though, the timer doesn't lie.
 I've had 2 P10's now, and they both broke in very quickly. They also tend to grow on you, mine did. Regarding your Glock buddy, I have one of those too. He prefers my P10C over his Zev tuned G19. I almost feel bad for him.

Offline copemech

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 11:30:10 PM »
Does it have a notch cut in the rear of the slide by the cover plate? That would indicate the most recent updates.
 I broke in my mag release by pulling down on the mag lightly and working the button. Can't help with the slide release, mine worked from the start. Honestly, I didn't love mine from the start and don't really love it now. . .but it works extremely well when run fast. I shot it in a match for the first time Sunday, and times were comparable to my tuned pre-b.
 If you love nicely tuned hammer guns, a striker gun- even tuned, just doesn't measure up. My P10 has pretty much every available part in it and a fair amount of polishing and still feels unrefined compared to my hammer CZ's. Emotions aside though, the timer doesn't lie.
 I've had 2 P10's now, and they both broke in very quickly. They also tend to grow on you, mine did. Regarding your Glock buddy, I have one of those too. He prefers my P10C over his Zev tuned G19. I almost feel bad for him.

Yes it has the notch in the rear. Perhaps a bit of operation and polish will get things moving, but the trigger dongle snagging is gonna require a bit of sanding.

As far as the trigger break right at the limit of movement, I may have to get the diamond hone after the striker or something. I'll see what CGW says as I may just use their trigger and striker.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 06:12:19 AM »
If you're comfortable with a curved trigger, the one from CGW is great. It eliminates virtually all of the pre-travel. You might as well buy their upgrade package, it's only $150 and pretty much covers everything. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

anything