Author Topic: XD .45 acp, full size, 5" barrel and ambidextrous thumb safeties  (Read 3536 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: XD .45 acp, full size, 5" barrel and ambidextrous thumb safeties
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »
I will be buying from PRP again.

Got an e-mail from them yesterday telling me they were refunding the money for the kit and sending me a RSA to return the kit to them.

We e-mailed back and forth several times while I explained I had no "kit" to send back to them as I'd modified a couple of the parts and installed the springs and trigger.  Another round of e-mails and I told them I hoped to be able to use their sear after I polished up the factory striker block lifting arm plate (gotta keep it to keep the thumb safeties working) to make it slightly thinner and smoother and it looks like they understand I'm going to use what I have/can from the kit and still refund the money.

That is well above/beyond the customer service I've seen from many vendors.

I will be buying from PRP again (not a trigger kit, but individual springs/parts to fit in the XD .45 with safeties pistol my youngest son just bought.)

Big thumbs up for Powder River Precision.  Thank you.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: XD .45 acp, full size, 5" barrel and ambidextrous thumb safeties
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »
Spent a good bit of time this afternoon (between coats of polyurethane on a couple entertainment center bottoms/tops my youngest son is building) working on getting the PRP sear to fit/work with the XD factory ejector plate and striker block lifting arm.  Big no go.  Had that darn sear stoned/polished (three different grit stones), wiped off, put in the frame only to find it was still too tight and pulled it back out to repeat the stoning/polishing so many times I lost track of just how many times.  It's so close, but there are two problems with it.  First, it's still too tight of a fit.  Trigger pull is above 6.5 lbs. with the PRP sear in it due to the tight fit, even with lube on the parts.  Second, the sear will sometimes hang up on something inside.  I thought it was the part of the safety that blocks the lifting arm when in the SAFE position. 

Pulled out the safeties to get that rocker/arm off the shaft and do some stoning/polishing on it.  Came out easy enough.  Bear to get it back in.  Either it's not really hanging up on that arm or I didn't get enough stoning/polishing done to stop the intermittent hanging up.  Next time I'll put the PRP striker block lifting arm in to see if I have those issues (tight fit/dragging and the intermittent hang ups).

While the sear spring is so much easier to get installed/working correctly on the XD than the CZ75's, those pins!!!!  Those darn pins.  I noticed my left thumb was feeling funny and looked closely to find I had three blood blisters from pushing on the pins so hard.  Started grabbing a punch and using the back end of it to push the pins in for the fitting/re-tries.  Coumadin (for factor V leiden) makes it easy to damage the blood vessels/bleed in/under the skin, I guess.

Then again, maybe I'll just stick with the factory sear....Nah, gotta keep messing with it to see if I can make it work.

Oh, pictures of a couple groups after the partial PRP trigger kit installation dropped the trigger pull from 6&1/2 lbs. down to 4&1/4 lbs. are in the range report post for 11/2/18.  Can't say the group is much better but the trigger sure feels better.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

anything