Author Topic: SP01 "Phantom" Kadet????  (Read 1775 times)

The Guardian

SP01 "Phantom" Kadet????
« on: October 22, 2018, 07:29:27 PM »
Anyone know of a Kadet Kit for the Phantom......main issue for the standard Kadet 2 Kit is there isn't really any support on the front of the Phantom's frame to secure the Kadet's barrel/slide so it relies only on the small section of the steel rail inside the frame by the slide stop pin for support.  Just wondering if anyone has info on options....

Questions:
Is the Phantom not able to effectively use a Kadet Kit?

Will the SP01 (steel frame) Kadet work effectively on the Phantom?

Is the Phantom a forgotten family member in CZ's Kadet universe?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:43:24 PM by The Guardian »

Offline painter

Re: SP01 "Phantom" Kadet????
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:06 PM »
Here's what CZ-USA says...

The Kadet conversion will not work on the 97, 75 TS, 2075 RAMI, SP-01 Phantom, P-07 or P-09 models.

I believe you're SOL.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline mustang8650

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 11:48:12 PM »
I have the Kadet 2...I installed it on my 2017 year SP01 Phantom and proceeded to blow thru 30 rounds without issue...only very minor issue I saw was would not hold back the slide after the last round with the Phantom Slide stop or the Kadet Slide stop...but not a big deal...blew thru 30 rounds without issue....I've been seeing the Kadet doesn't work with the Phantom according to their website so I'm making a note to scold my Kadet for doing things its not supposed to do. I will say the front of the Kadet is not perfectly tight in the rail in the front but the way the Kadet slide operates without the main slide moving it didn't seem to make any ill effects worked fine.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:56:52 PM by mustang8650 »

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:21:50 PM »
     Hiya, the guardian,and thx for your thread. I did check both cz use and the europe sites to also,as you have confirm that cz says the kit is not to be used on the phantom platform. I'm surprised tho as the kit ran on my shadow sp-01, certainly a pretty similar platform. Maybe a free call to cz-usa and chat with a smith,their answer may well put the issue to rest. For more reads on the subject here at the forum search member "WildRice" and a april 2009 post "Kadet kit on the polymer spo1 Phantom,or google the thread if search dosent pop it up. General common sense dictates believing cz has good reason to make its recommendation and I'm guessing they would not be at liberty to discuss any pending related legal issues. You can buy a plinker for the 400 plus cost of the kit anyways. Cheers.
     Hiya to mustang8650 welcome to the forum, and generally notice 5 guests to 1 member when I visit our community so am glad ya hopped in finally. Do have to say that when ones initial post voices awareness of cz insisting the Kadet not be used on the Phantom and writing your range report of how it did for 30rds, one or three forum members might frown on your effort to educate. Kinda like seeing the speed limit of 75mph but posting your Facebook video of driving 140mph on some deserted stretch. Just because something bad didn't happen,does not mean it could not have happened. Cheers. Be well.

anything