Author Topic: Why I shouldn't just stop to "have a quick look" at the gun store.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Atomic Punk

Re: Why I shouldn't just stop to "have a quick look" at the gun store.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »
My "spare" AR15 uppers eventually turn into full rifles. I suspect the same thing would happen with all those slides and grips. 

I like the comp on that FN but it kills me how they can't color match the FDE's at all. The surefire matches the FN frame better than the FN slide.

Offline kenWusaf

"Just having a look around" strikes again.

What comp is that?

Offline Dr_Nimslow

"Just having a look around" strikes again.

What comp is that?

Parker Mountain Machine.  They make one for the P-10 also.

Offline Stickerdude

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 09:01:52 AM »
This happens to a be a great idea or a terrible idea at the same time. I always end up finding something or it finds me. Grips, lights, laser beams, or a new toy.
Cz Custom Compact L #91724
Cz P01 omega Ug
Cz P10c fde

Offline Dr_Nimslow

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »
Sadly, the Gander Outdoors store where I found those pistols, and that also had very competitive prices on ammo and accessories, closed their doors recently.

On second thought, thats probably a good thing for my wallet.

Online aandabooks

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 10:43:49 PM »
I stop by my main dealer about 5 times a week.  He is on my way to and from work.  I also do some work for him on the side that requires me to stop in.  I'm trying to be better about not buying things but every now and again the money just burns. 

A couple days ago it was having him order me a CZ 10F.  Should be here on Friday.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 06:41:42 AM »
I do my very best to control myself while driving past, or walking in, or standing at the counter at all of the gun stores my failing will power finds me in....

It's a losing battle.

No, actually I have been very good lately.
For once.

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »
I was giving a friend some ribbing about how many guns he buys, then my Lady spoke up "and how many guns have YOU bought in the last two months?!"   Evidently the math did not work in my favor. Best plan I have is sending potentially problematic guns out for a pink coating and present them like flowers. "Oh dear, after much research, I thought this would PERFECT for you!"   Been thinking this will get some higher dollar stuff in my safe without complaint if I don't get carried away.