Author Topic: CZ97BD Being Retrofitted with Earlier-style Rubber Grips  (Read 876 times)

Online timetofly

Re: CZ97BD Being Retrofitted with Earlier-style Rubber Grips
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
My 97 came with the Aluminum grips also.  After shooting 100 rounds through it, I bought the CZ-USA rubber grips and I liked them a lot for about a week.  While at an outdoor range, the RSO asked if I liked the Hogue fingered grip on my 75B?  I said yes.  He then told me that it takes a little stretching and warming up, but the same grip on my 75B would fit on the 97 also.  A year later, the Hogue grip is still on and no intention to go to anything else.  Your results may vary.
CZ 75B 40 S&W, CZ2075 40 S&W, CZ P10C 9mm, CZ97B 45 ACP, CZ 75D PCR 9mm, CZ 455 Varmint 22LR

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »
My 97 came with the Aluminum grips also.  After shooting 100 rounds through it, I bought the CZ-USA rubber grips and I liked them a lot for about a week.  While at an outdoor range, the RSO asked if I liked the Hogue fingered grip on my 75B?  I said yes.  He then told me that it takes a little stretching and warming up, but the same grip on my 75B would fit on the 97 also.  A year later, the Hogue grip is still on and no intention to go to anything else.  Your results may vary.

The Hogue 75/85 monogrip definitely fits the 97B if you heat it and work it.  Kevin gave me his, so I didn't stretch it myself, but it will fit.  He used a hairdryer.  I didn't like it, because it made he hold the pistol too low for my tastes.  That said, it is a viable option. 
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline eastman

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

The Hogue 75/85 monogrip definitely fits the 97B if you heat it and work it.  Kevin gave me his, so I didn't stretch it myself, but it will fit.  He used a hairdryer.  I didn't like it, because it made he hold the pistol too low for my tastes.  That said, it is a viable option.

If someone wants to give this a try, I have a used set of Hogue grips. They came on the 75B frame with a Kadet upper that I bought at Cabela's. I replaced them with CZ factory rubber and have the grips sitting around. I'd gladly send them to someone who will actually use them.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »
I've claimed them guys; and can confirm eastman's sainthood as covered in numerous other tributes; he wouldn't even take reimbursement of postage. Thanks eastman- you ARE da man!
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth