Author Topic: Picked up Bren 2, 556, 11" Pistol - Pictures  (Read 8339 times)

Offline bull

Re: Picked up Bren 2, 556, 11" Pistol - Pictures
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 03:01:30 AM »
Thanks for the write-up......luv to have but my state will probably have them banned by the time the carbine arrives....really leaning 5.56 but its a wait and see if the import rumors of x39  are indeed true.....regardless me wants

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 08:30:17 PM »
Many thanks for all the great pictures.  Wonderful to read and very helpful in understanding the details of the new model.  I particularly like analyzing the new non-reciprocating charging handle, bolt carrier and gas system design.

Offline oxbow

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
very nice...thanks for all the pics and info.  is it possible to buy the factory stock for the bren  2 yet and SBR it?

Offline Type5

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »
Many thanks for all the great pictures.  Wonderful to read and very helpful in understanding the details of the new model.  I particularly like analyzing the new non-reciprocating charging handle, bolt carrier and gas system design.

You are welcome!

Offline Type5

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 04:26:05 PM »
very nice...thanks for all the pics and info.  is it possible to buy the factory stock for the bren  2 yet and SBR it?

CZ-USA says they currently have no parts for the Bren 2 - I wonder if they have parts for Mil/LE? Nevertheless, no parts are currently available.
I have some feelers out but nothing yet - as far as factory stocks.
Here are a couple of pictures of my intermediate solution. I just can not do the AR tube deal - just can not...
I ordered a replacement SBT805 brace for my 805.

Offline RSR

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
That really begs for a VFG with such a short handguard.  Alas, the NFA.  Maybe a backwards AFG/AFG2 will work okay... 
Someone will likely make an extended option, just like RS Regulate w/ Galils... 

805 brace looks low insofar as cheek weld/sight alignment goes.  Is that the case?

Otherwise impressed, and thanks for the photos!

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »
Nice!

Offline Type5

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
That really begs for a VFG with such a short handguard.  Alas, the NFA.  Maybe a backwards AFG/AFG2 will work okay... 
Someone will likely make an extended option, just like RS Regulate w/ Galils... 

805 brace looks low insofar as cheek weld/sight alignment goes.  Is that the case?

Otherwise impressed, and thanks for the photos!

I just compared them: when  the rails are lined up the Bren 2 brace is about 1/8" higher - they are very close...

Offline DDNC

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 01:25:25 PM »

CZ-USA says they currently have no parts for the Bren 2 ....... I just can not do the AR tube deal - just can not...

The Bren 2 stock is cool but the gun itself is marketed globally to accept the homegrown stock as well the AR stock. This is a brilliant marketing angle on this gun as opposed to the 805 which is a bit more limited. I think the AR stock option looks perfectly fine and is more versatile than the CZ stock simply because there are so many AR stock variants and options.
I think the ERGO F7 or an HK 416 stock would be really great.

Offline Type5

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »
Every one knows the AR is the best rifle ever made and nothing will ever be better - not even worth looking at anything new - ever. This can be read across the Internet. This kind of thought came to prominence during the time of the assault weapon ban when it was difficult to get foreign stuff imported.
I spent 10 years yearning to drink from another cup, knowing there was a lot more to drink than 100% pure AR koolade.
Now I have 8 AR?s, they sit in the safe, must have an inch of dust on them now, will have to dust them later - but waiting for the dust to accumulate to 2? first. For me, and I speak only for myself, AR?s are boring and there is nothing imaginative about them any more.
So when I think about the Bren, am I thinking there are lots of ways to skin a cat - how did this arms maker do it and why did they do it the way they did? What did they change from the 805 and why? I have similar thoughts each time I look at IWI, FN, Beretta and B&T - different minds - fine minds - different solutions.
I love the technology and evolution of firearms especially military types. I appreciate that CZ brought Bren 2 to us and I understand why they put the AR type adapter on it. However, it would have been better to do something else besides the AR thing but that was their choice, fine.
My choice was to make mine less AR-ish and wait for Bren 2 stocks and SBR it as compliance parts come to market. Yes, I?d like mine to look as much like the vision  CZ had for this pistol/rifle.
Adding AR stuff is not for me but if someone else wants to AR the Bren 2 platform up to bring it closer to ?AR Perfection? then I say God bless them,it is their weapon. But each time I see a non-AR with an AR stock I avert my eyes.
I bought my 4th CZ, I want a Bren 2 stock on it and if some one made a DI kit for a Bren 2 to move closer to ?perfection? Is no soone do that than add an AR brace/stock.
Again,  bless those that have a different idea, really, I just want mine as close to how it envisioned by its creators.

Offline reshp1

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2018, 10:57:58 PM »
Here are a couple of pictures of my intermediate solution. I just can not do the AR tube deal - just can not...

Wait, does that mean the 805 adapters and braces fit on the Bren 2? An ACR stock would be amazing on this thing with the Sandline/Mississippi Arms adapter.

Offline No. 6

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2018, 11:05:31 PM »
Every one knows the AR is the best rifle ever made and nothing will ever be better - not even worth looking at anything new - ever. This can be read across the Internet. This kind of thought came to prominence during the time of the assault weapon ban when it was difficult to get foreign stuff imported.
I spent 10 years yearning to drink from another cup, knowing there was a lot more to drink than 100% pure AR koolade.
Now I have 8 AR?s, they sit in the safe, must have an inch of dust on them now, will have to dust them later - but waiting for the dust to accumulate to 2? first. For me, and I speak only for myself, AR?s are boring and there is nothing imaginative about them any more.
So when I think about the Bren, am I thinking there are lots of ways to skin a cat - how did this arms maker do it and why did they do it the way they did? What did they change from the 805 and why? I have similar thoughts each time I look at IWI, FN, Beretta and B&T - different minds - fine minds - different solutions.
I love the technology and evolution of firearms especially military types. I appreciate that CZ brought Bren 2 to us and I understand why they put the AR type adapter on it. However, it would have been better to do something else besides the AR thing but that was their choice, fine.
My choice was to make mine less AR-ish and wait for Bren 2 stocks and SBR it as compliance parts come to market. Yes, I?d like mine to look as much like the vision  CZ had for this pistol/rifle.
Adding AR stuff is not for me but if someone else wants to AR the Bren 2 platform up to bring it closer to ?AR Perfection? then I say God bless them,it is their weapon. But each time I see a non-AR with an AR stock I avert my eyes.
I bought my 4th CZ, I want a Bren 2 stock on it and if some one made a DI kit for a Bren 2 to move closer to ?perfection? Is no soone do that than add an AR brace/stock.
Again,  bless those that have a different idea, really, I just want mine as close to how it envisioned by its creators.

Yep, couldn't agree more.  AR stocks on AR's, works for me.  But not ever rifle is an AR.  Have an ACR stock on my 805 and hope that there will be one available for the Bren 2 at some point.
Bren 805 SBR  527M 7.62x39  Scorpion Evo 3 SBR

Offline Type5

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 12:00:57 AM »

Wait, does that mean the 805 adapters and braces fit on the Bren 2? An ACR stock would be amazing on this thing with the Sandline/Mississippi Arms adapter.

The rear heads are not interchangeable between Bren 2 and 805. You can examine the pictures closely. Milled off the rear of the Bren 2 Rear Head and the front of the Rear Head from the SBT805 brace and joined the 2 flat surfaces. It works well but I will be happy to set it aside for an actual Bren 2 stock and some compliance parts. It is a good intermediate solution.

Offline DDNC

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2018, 12:18:45 PM »
Count me out of ?everybody? because the AR is not the best ever, etc. (sarcasm I am assuming) They are a good gun but I prefer any AK patterned rifle over an AR any day of the week. So much so I have ARs in 7.62x39, 5.45x39 and 7.62N and why I was so excited about the 806 is x39. I would have loved an 805 in that caliber. So it has nothing to do with AR perfection because there is no such thing. Furthermore the Bren is a piston drive as are AKs and if the AR is so perfect why is there such a huge emphasis on piston drive ARs?
The Bren 1&2, and SAN SIG and the B&T APCs and the Galil ace?s far out class the AR and the Bren design will IMO be the optimal design future wise. It is just more modern and versatile but I can?t put any of those other stocks on a Bren without major mods. The AR modern stock options are many and comfortable as well as it takes 2 seconds to put one on. The modularity of the Bren is what makes it so unique and why it is what it is. Personally, I would like a B&T for my Bren. Just like on my APC and that would fit with your brace mod. I?ll probably get a CZ stock when they become available and use it on that has been SBR?ed.
Be that as it may, I will agree with you that I could never stomach an AR stock on an AK. To me there is just no need but the latest Russian AKs that the military is using have AR type stocks them. So it seems even the Russkies prefer them.

Offline Type5

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2018, 12:48:12 PM »
DDNC, yes there was a bit of sarcasm in that remark! LOL!
I also have an APC223 Pistol with the B&T retractable brace/stock and a tailhook mod 1 and the SB Tactical Brace.
I have not acquired the B&T solid polymer stock yet but it should be able to bolt right into the SB Tactical brace making it a stock on the Bren 2 or 805 - until you mentioned it, I had not thought about going the other way - wondering how it would line up with the ejection port on the CZ?s.
I?m sure someone is going to make parts that allow lots of stock options. Bren 2 is going to do well in the market - it is very exciting!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 04:18:34 PM by Type5 »

anything