Author Topic: CZ 455 Scope ring base options?  (Read 4554 times)

Online eastman

Re: CZ 455 Scope ring base options?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 09:22:22 PM »
I put the CZ-USA Weaver/Pic rail on my 455 so that I could use the standard Warne detachable rings.

Did you use the Diversified Innovative Products item # CZ-19008, 11mm dovetail to Picatinny rail?

I bought mine through the CZ-USA webstore - http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19008_Adapter-Rail-Cz-452455-11mm-Dovetail (out of stock at the moment, I did the "notify me when back in stock" to get mine)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline timetofly

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »
I'm using  the Burris rings for the Rimfire/CZ grooved receiver. Maybe I need to re-clean everything and tighten the ring bases more?

I'm using these as well.  500 rounds and no indication of an issue.

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
I put the CZ-USA Weaver/Pic rail on my 455 so that I could use the standard Warne detachable rings.

^That may be the way I end up going^.

Those are the one's that require 30 in/lbs.

There's no slot in the knurled knob for a screw driver?

Okay, yeah there?s a slot in the knurled knob. I?ll put 30in.lbs.  On them and give it another try.
Let us know how it works out.

Hopefully I can get to the Range this weekend.
"The Right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be Infringed"
est: 1791 USA

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
According to Burris, those screws should be tightened to 30 in/lbs.
If you have a torque wrench, or Wheeler FAT wrench type tool, I'd suggest using it.

I removed the scope and rings yesterday. Re-cleaned the ring base clamps and the dovetail on the receiver using Isopropyl Alcohol and cotton swabs.
Being a new gun it had a lot of brown stuff (cosmoline)? still in the dovetail grooves. I should have spent more time cleaning it the first time. After letting everything dry, I reattached the scope and ring bases to the receiver dovetail and torqued the two knurled knobs to 20in. lbs. using a standard torque wrench, then I re-torqued them to 30in. lbs.

I just got back from the range after shooting 60 rounds from the bench. I'm glad to say the scope rings are holding solid.
Being a .22 rimfire rifle with mild recoil,  I honestly thought that the scope rings would hold that scope by only hand tightening the two knurled knobs with a screwdriver. I was wrong (again).

My best 5 shot group at 50yds. today was 7/8" center to center using cheap Federal Auto-Match ammo. I'm happy with that and hope I can best that group after I purchase some CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Thanks for the input Guys!  :)

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »
Glad you got that sorted out. My Lux loves the Auto Match as well. I had a productive session at the range on Saturday with the Varmint, CCI Standard, and a new scope.

How do you like the Burris scope?
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E American .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline painter

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 07:53:53 PM »
According to Burris, those screws should be tightened to 30 in/lbs.
If you have a torque wrench, or Wheeler FAT wrench type tool, I'd suggest using it.

I removed the scope and rings yesterday. Re-cleaned the ring base clamps and the dovetail on the receiver using Isopropyl Alcohol and cotton swabs.
Being a new gun it had a lot of brown stuff (cosmoline)? still in the dovetail grooves. I should have spent more time cleaning it the first time. After letting everything dry, I reattached the scope and ring bases to the receiver dovetail and torqued the two knurled knobs to 20in. lbs. using a standard torque wrench, then I re-torqued them to 30in. lbs.

I just got back from the range after shooting 60 rounds from the bench. I'm glad to say the scope rings are holding solid.
Being a .22 rimfire rifle with mild recoil,  I honestly thought that the scope rings would hold that scope by only hand tightening the two knurled knobs with a screwdriver. I was wrong (again).

My best 5 shot group at 50yds. today was 7/8" center to center using cheap Federal Auto-Match ammo. I'm happy with that and hope I can best that group after I purchase some CCI Standard Velocity ammo. Thanks for the input Guys!  :)
Shows you where thinking will get you. :P

Glad you got it sorted.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »
Glad you got that sorted out. My Lux loves the Auto Match as well. I had a productive session at the range on Saturday with the Varmint, CCI Standard, and a new scope.
How do you like the Burris scope?

Actually the scope is a Burris Signature 4-16x44mm with AO. Serial number 202119. I bought it new 20 years ago. I don't remember what I paid for it. It's the best scope I own.

Offline oldschoolhdmike

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 08:41:01 PM »
I figured i would add my question here rather than starting another thread.  I have a cz 455 american.  i have a scope on the way but want to go ahead and get tings tomorrow and the gun shop.  Are you guys using low, medium, or high rings?   I was going to get the rings to mount strait to the 11mm notch and not do a rail....thanks

Online Phlyers13

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2019, 09:03:31 PM »
I figured i would add my question here rather than starting another thread.  I have a cz 455 american.  i have a scope on the way but want to go ahead and get tings tomorrow and the gun shop.  Are you guys using low, medium, or high rings?   I was going to get the rings to mount strait to the 11mm notch and not do a rail....thanks

I?m using highs. The problem with lows is with the bolt handle clearing the scope. Mediums may or may not work depending on the optic.

Offline oldschoolhdmike

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
i ordered both medium and high rings.  we will see. 

Offline benscratchin

• "Sun's out guns out"
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2019, 07:23:56 AM »
I used the high Burris Signature dovetail  rings. The mediums were too low for my 44mm objective scope.
I had to clean/degrease the grooves on the receiver really good and properly torque the rings to prevent the whole scope/rings assembly from sliding off of the receiver grooves because of recoil.

anything