Author Topic: p-07 p-09 cocked and locked?  (Read 484 times)

Offline LPRoad

p-07 p-09 cocked and locked?
« on: November 08, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »
Hi. Is anyone carrying their P-07 or P-09 condition 1, cocked and locked? My main edc is a 1911 and I would like to continue using the same manual of arms. I have tried searching, but it seems that most people prefer their Omega system pistols with the decocker, not the safety. I have seen pics of the Omega safety and it seems pretty small.

Before you try to convince me that DA/SA is the way to go, I carried DA/SA pistols for most of my career, and I do not want to go that route. I like a lot about the P-07 (the price, the weight, the rail, availability of holsters, etc) but if the safety on the P-07 is too small to carry condition 1 I will consider other options. Thanks in advance.

Offline dallasb

Re: p-07 p-09 cocked and locked?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 04:05:14 PM »
Hi. Is anyone carrying their P-07 or P-09 condition 1, cocked and locked? My main edc is a 1911 and I would like to continue using the same manual of arms. I have tried searching, but it seems that most people prefer their Omega system pistols with the decocker, not the safety. I have seen pics of the Omega safety and it seems pretty small.

Before you try to convince me that DA/SA is the way to go, I carried DA/SA pistols for most of my career, and I do not want to go that route. I like a lot about the P-07 (the price, the weight, the rail, availability of holsters, etc) but if the safety on the P-07 is too small to carry condition 1 I will consider other options. Thanks in advance.
I carry my p07 condition 1.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline CZ173

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:54:57 PM »
I switched all my omegas to safety

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Offline flphotog

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »
All of my carries are condition 1 including the P-07 and 9.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:06 PM »
I don't, BUT, if I did, the P series is good and I find the safety on the P07/09 to be positive enough, usable, and less of an obstruction to the slide release.  It also looks cooler.  (I like the Mrgunsngear vid on the P09 - he carries it C/L).

Online M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:23:44 PM »
My P07 is an old DUTY model.  Been carrying cocked and locked for 6 years now.  No issues.

I don't "carry" the P09 anywhere but to the car from the house and from the car to the firing line and then back again.  Tried it for EDC while the P07 was off getting the RMR treatment from Primary Machine.  Just didn't feel comfortable that the P09 was truly "concealed."  But it was cocked and locked those 3 or 4 times I carried it that week the P07 was out for modifications.

Mine is carried in a kydex shell/leather backed IWB holster.  No fears of it going off unless I've pulled it from the holster and moved the safety lever from SAFE to the FIRE position and pulled the trigger.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Dr.Juice

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »
My P-07 and Rami are cocked and locked.

Offline LPRoad

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 07:41:06 PM »
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know.

Offline benq

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 01:35:16 AM »
I tried cocked and locked but prefer hammer down. I run and gun at local matches to practice gun manipulation under time pressure. I've missed the safety a few times so I switched and haven't looked back. That's the great thing about the omega system you have that option which is why I bought the P-07 Duty as my first pistol just a few years back.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:51 AM »
I tried cocked and locked but prefer hammer down. I run and gun at local matches to practice gun manipulation under time pressure. I've missed the safety a few times so I switched and haven't looked back. That's the great thing about the omega system you have that option which is why I bought the P-07 Duty as my first pistol just a few years back.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

And you don't have to have a lever you don't need (like HK) to switch.

Offline noway

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
I specifically bought my P-07 and P-09 for the decock. I have tried the safety, but the switch is not as prominent as say on a 1911, and I found I wasn't getting enough leverage to disengage. With enough practice, I suppose...

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 11:29:37 AM »
I don't carry my P-07, but if I did I'd carry it half cocked with the decocker installed. The trigger is pretty heavy, but it's better than having the hammer down and having a full DA trigger. The trigger on my SP-01 tactical is a lot better with the hammer half cocked than my P-07, but the P-07 is still very manageable. It just takes a little practice to get used to it. Both pistol are 100% stock with a little polishing.

Offline K31Scout

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »
I carry in condition 1 in a kydex appendix holster and use the decocker. That's why I bought the P07.
CZ 75 SP-01
CZ P-07

Offline dallasb

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 06:08:47 PM »
I carry in condition 1 in a kydex appendix holster and use the decocker. That's why I bought the P07.
If I'm reading correctly that's condition 2. Chambered round, hammer down, safety off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Wel.... conditions being a 1911 THANG, his hammer down carry will go bang with a trigger pull.  Not so with the original 1911 SA only.  The original 1911 & A1 didnt have a FPB, so condition 2 wasnt the best for safety should a sledge hammer strike the hammer (modern day drop tests).

I know some modern day 1911s have a FPB, but carrying one hammer down still makes me cringe as much as carrying without one chambered in the fashion of the Peacemaker.  Most modern day revolvers feature a transfer bar or some such negating the need to rest the hammer on an empty chamber.

YMMV certainly!  Freedom is wonderful.  Thank you all vets who've honored their oath to the constution!