Author Topic: Target related mods for 97 BD?  (Read 178 times)

Offline daved20319

Target related mods for 97 BD?
« on: November 09, 2018, 10:21:26 AM »
Just got a 97 BD, will be almost exclusively a range/target piece, not gonna carry this beast  :D.  Short of the full "E" conversion, wht mods would be recommended in this case?  Thanks.

Dave

Offline Litespeeds

Re: Target related mods for 97 BD?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:02:57 PM »
Change it to single action only.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 03:26:33 PM »
In addition to the Cajun bushing, I converted to SAO and deleted the FPB.

Offline daved20319

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
No.  I got the BD because I wanted DA/SA with decocker.  As much as possible, I want the same manual of arms as possible, I'm even going so far as to go all in with CZ's.  Besides, as I understand it, you can't convert  a decocker to SAO, if that was what I wanted, I'd just keep my 1911  :).  Thanks for the suggestion, though.  Later.

Dave

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
After seeing the first recommendation to convert to SAO, I completely missed that yours was a BD. Obviously, BD's shouldn't be converted to SAO and for sure the FPB should be retained. You don't have to do a full "E" conversion to get the bushing done. Otherwise, it's like any other DA/SA CZ. Standard parts like the hammer and disco can be upgraded to improve the trigger feel. The bushing is the biggest improvement for serious accuracy though.

Offline kpj313

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 10:31:21 PM »
I'll be watching this thread closely, just picked up a 97bd today also. almost contemplating giving myself a Christmas gift and sending it off to Cajun Gun Works for the E conversion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk