Author Topic: PCR VS P07?  (Read 6732 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: PCR VS P07?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 05:35:29 AM »
I have both.The PCR gets to go out in the world the P-07 is the house gun. For me the PCR is the perfect compromise in every area.

Offline dlquinn71

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »
It's really what you prefer. I had a similar choice between a P07 and a C100. The C100 is not far off the PCR in size and weight. I went with the C100 because it is a little smaller in width.

I am carrying the C100 in a TT Gunleather Slim XC between 3-330 and the gun is concealed very well and is comfortable to carry.

I think a bigger choice is choosing the right holster and also using a good belt. The P07 should carry well too if you get a good holster and belt.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »
I've experienced the trigger bar lift spring falling off on both the C100 and P07. These were both Gen 1 guns, but I'll never buy another gun with that mechanism design.

When this happens you can only fire the gun by holding it up-side-down.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline David0408

PCR VS P07?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 08:48:46 PM »
Put my hands on both the PCR and P07 today. Both felt great. I liked the trigger in the P07 a little more. I?m left handed so the ambi controls on the P07 is nice. Somehow I got distracted by a STI 2011 that they had. Just about the same size as the CZ. Now I?m thinking about a $2000 gun that I don?t need. bleep it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline eastman

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
Put my hands on both the PCR and P07 today. Both felt great. I liked the trigger in the P07 a little more. I?m left handed so the ambi controls on the P07 is nice. Somehow I got distracted by a STI 2011 that they had. Just about the same size as the CZ. Now I?m thinking about a $2000 gun that I don?t need. bleep it!

Instead of the STI, buy both the PCR and the P-07 and not only will you have 2 pistols, you'll have money left over to buy a few cases of ammo.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline David0408

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 11:03:08 AM »
Lol So true. Yeah so, I?m quickly over the STI. Now I?m looking hard at the P10C...

Offline JLla84

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 07:48:55 AM »
P10c is CZ's answer to the Glock.... its a cop out IMO.......

PCR/P07.... metal vs plastic.... thats number 1, after that, decocker vs convertible

Im biased, I own a 75 compact...  ;D
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline David0408

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »
Just got back from the gun shop. I think I?m back on the PCR. For me I have to choose one platform. Either striker or hammer. I think a hammer gun with a decocker and no external safety is the right choice for me. Seems safer for carry than a striker gun. So I think I need to just go against conventional wisdom and give up on striker fired pistols. I guess I?m a hammer guy?

Offline Jerrybarbour

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 12:58:15 AM »
Love this dialete between two great guns. I have both PCR and P07 and like the P07 better. But I am torn between leaning to either Compact or full-size CZ. Can someone talk me in to Compact so I can forget about Fillsize Please.

Offline daved20319

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 10:08:57 AM »
Just got back from the gun shop. I think I?m back on the PCR. For me I have to choose one platform. Either striker or hammer. I think a hammer gun with a decocker and no external safety is the right choice for me. Seems safer for carry than a striker gun. So I think I need to just go against conventional wisdom and give up on striker fired pistols. I guess I?m a hammer guy?

That's the decision I made.  I decided early this year that I prefer hammers over strikers, mostly for the typically better triggers, but also as a safety feature, thumb on hammer when holstering.  Then during a range session recently, I realized that going back and forth between safety and decocker had me hesitating between draw and fire, it was like I was asking myself, do I need to do something else before pulling the trigger.  Yes, I know, more focused training could likely overcome the issue, but I decided the better choice for me was to stick to one type.  As I usually carry AIWB, I decided to stick with decockers, as it feels safer than having a cocked and locked pistol pointed at a critical area.  And before anyone yells at me, I said FEELS safer, I'm not saying it is, that's just MY perception.

Again, either is an excellent choice, and both is even better  O0.  Enjoy!

Dave

Offline daved20319

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 10:12:32 AM »
Love this dialete between two great guns. I have both PCR and P07 and like the P07 better. But I am torn between leaning to either Compact or full-size CZ. Can someone talk me in to Compact so I can forget about Fillsize Please.

Personally, I like the heft of the Compact over the PCR, but the beavertail on the Compact has no upsweep and a rather square edge, it started chewing a hole in my hand after less than a box of shells.  So consider that an argument in favor of a full size, sorry.

Dave

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 04:16:15 PM »
For me PCR...?..
Personal prefrence
I can handle one better shoot it better and I don't like the P07 near as much as most guns I own.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline eastman

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »

obviously you need both a compact and a full sized CZ 75 (or more than one compact and more than one full sized)   8)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Mad_Max

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 11:47:49 AM »
The only gun I had to carry was a full size all steel 1911 until I got my PCR. So I guess it's all relative. To me, the PCR feels super light compared to that boat anchor I used to carry. I can barely tell I have it on.
I'm 6'4" 270lbs.

Offline rich63

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »
I own both.

My preference, by leaps and bounds, is the PCR.

rich63