Author Topic: NECG receiver sight for 527 Carbine?  (Read 1252 times)

Offline 8lbbass

NECG receiver sight for 527 Carbine?
« on: November 15, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
Anyone using one of these?  If I can't get a scope setup that I like I'm considering the NECG receiver sight?  I'll primarily be using this rifle for paper targets,  metal plates out to 300 yards and general plinking.  Will the 527 front sight work with the NECG receiver sight or will I have to replace it with a taller front sight?

Offline david s

Re: NECG receiver sight for 527 Carbine?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:04:19 PM »
Cant comment on the NECG sight but you might take a look at Skinner Sights they also make a receiver sight for the CZ 527. It does require drilling and tapping though.

Offline fn1889m

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
I believe you need a taller front sight. NECG sells both the peepsight and the front sight. CZ also sells taller front sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Taz575

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »
The NECG is a bit more robust than the Skinner.  I have a Skinner rear (open aperature) on my 512 and put a different FO front sight (with a shim to make it taller to sight in) on my rifle.  I use a NECG rear and brass front sight on my 527 Lux when I want to shoot it with irons.  It definitely needs the taller front sight, but I want to have it either thinned down, made into a point (tapered) or grooved on the top for more precise shot placement.  It's a wide front blade that covered a lot of the target.

Offline 8lbbass

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »
Thanks to all for the info.

Offline Starr1

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 07:20:16 PM »
I shot the rifle with the stock sights for a while and I was good out to 150 yards. Never mounted any aftermarket sights on it and my eyes aren't what they use to be, so I switched to a scope. I didn't like the CZ rings so I mounted a rail which gave me the option to use any rings I want. I went with a smaller scope, a Redfield 2-7x33 with Leupold med rifleman rings. Pretty much a great combination for this rifle and it really made a big difference in the accuracy of this rifle. I bought the carbine for the open sights, but I think a small light scope is perfect on the carbine and really makes it shine.

Offline 8lbbass

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 11:29:18 AM »
Starr1,  just reread your post which included mention of your scope setup with the rail and Leupold "Rifleman" rings.  Does your 527 have the newer bolt which has more scope clearance? If so is there plenty of bolt clearance?

Offline Starr1

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 05:35:46 AM »
8lbbass Yes my rifle is the newer version and the clearance is about 1/4" from the scope. I'm using the DIP rail and it's a nice option because you can use whatever rings you want. My rings are Leupold rifleman medium height. Whenever I cycle the bolt I always close it with my thumb on the back of the bolt, not the handle. My rifle cycles much smoother by doing this and I've become accustomed to doing it.

Offline 8lbbass

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »
Thanks.