Author Topic: New P-10 CGW GEN II Trigger  (Read 6439 times)

Offline HST

Re: New P-10 CGW GEN II Trigger
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 06:41:52 AM »
What you see as stripes are the different layers that make up the material . 
P 10
75 B SAO
Browning Hi Power
Sig 365 XL
Colt 1911 70 series

Offline dpsk

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 02:57:28 PM »
Has anyone tried this Gen II trigger yet?  If so, impressions please...

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
Has anyone tried this Gen II trigger yet?  If so, impressions please...
Not yet.  Both of my P10Cs already have the triggers done, so I?m waiting for the P10S to do one of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Dan-O

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
I have one en route for my new F.....

Offline RandyMan

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2018, 03:27:37 PM »
Installing my CGW GenII trigger tonight. I will let you know how it is.

Offline ViperM

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2018, 09:31:13 PM »
I installed mine yesterday.  It's comfortable.  The trigger was a little tight.  Polished the trigger bar and lubed it to loosen it up.

Offline njbren

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
Just finished installing mine, I also had to polish the trigger bar around the trigger pin. It was tight and rubbed hard on the trigger. It definitely shortened the pull and reset! I just need to get out and shoot. Hoping this minimizes the bite as well

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »
I already have a sit of Night Fision sights inbound for the long awaited P10S.  I really should go ahead and order the CGW goodies for it while waiting too.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2018, 11:13:02 PM »
Mine was tight as well.  The pin holes were fine, but the inside corners of the trigger were rubbing against the trigger bar.  I scraped away the offending material with a 1/8" punch and voila. 

I'm working on a video review but need the snow to melt so I can get a few hundred rounds downrange. In the meantime here's a comparison GIF. Green is the trigger at rest, Yellow is the "Wall", and Red is the end of travel. As you can see, the triggers don't change the characteristics of the OEM trigger much beyond shortening pre-travel. Weight is largely the same too. The major difference is ergonomics. The flat profile of the HBI feels better when using the pad of your finger. People with longer fingers will appreciate this. The CGWs are flat in the middle third (the flat portion of the G10 is wider) and rounded on the sides making pulling with the first joint more comfortable. The curve also encourages pulling higher up, away from the trigger guard. This makes for a slightly heavier, but crisper feeling trigger and helps prevent "pinch", when the skin of the trigger finger rolls under the tip of the trigger and gets pinched between the frame. The safety blade of the Gen2 is also flush with the tip of the trigger, further reducing risk of pinch. In hot weather, I've noticed my aluminum triggers getting uncomfortably hot after extended shooting. The G10 material should be better in this regard but I won't know until the temperatures reach above 90 again. Finally, unlike the Gen1 trigger, the Gen2 safety lever spring is captured, so it won't fly loose if the adjustment screw is lost or unscrewed too far.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2018, 07:12:09 AM »
Looks to be a nice improvement over the gen1. Nice write up earlan, that answers a lot of questions people ask.

Offline RandyMan

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:26 AM »
Installing my CGW GenII trigger tonight. I will let you know how it is.

Finally finished this install. Trigger was tight and like other had to polish the trigger bar.
Reset appears to be a little crisper than Gen I trigger.

Offline Superiorduper

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2019, 06:03:07 PM »
Currently have the HBI trigger installed and it?s nice but I find it requires shooting with the pad of my finger to get any accuracy and I have long fingers so shooting with the pad is pretty uncomfortable, even with the large backstrap installed...I?m curious as to how wide with gen 2 is if I?ll be able to use the joint of my finger? I?ve tried and tried to get used to using the pad but it requires me to bend my index finger so far off the gun that pressing the trigger is just awkward and using the joint causes low left misses...

Offline earlan357

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »
Currently have the HBI trigger installed and it?s nice but I find it requires shooting with the pad of my finger to get any accuracy and I have long fingers so shooting with the pad is pretty uncomfortable, even with the large backstrap installed...I?m curious as to how wide with gen 2 is if I?ll be able to use the joint of my finger? I?ve tried and tried to get used to using the pad but it requires me to bend my index finger so far off the gun that pressing the trigger is just awkward and using the joint causes low left misses...

I have the same problem with long fingers.  I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't think Glock grips are too large.  On my P10C, I pull the trigger near the first joint, and the CGW is much more comfortable for that style.  I switched out my HBI for a CGW gen1 aluminum, and now the Gen2 G10.  The CGW Gen2 still has a rounded cross section, but a center 1/3 of the trigger is flat, a little wider than the previous Gen.  It also doesn't pinch my finger at all near the trigger guard like the OEM did.  Also doesn't get warm/hot like the aluminum triggers on hot days after a few mags.

CGW Gen1 Aluminum(left) vs CGW Gen2 G10(right)

Offline Superiorduper

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2019, 04:32:29 PM »
Awesome, thank you for your response. I ordered one yesterday and am excited to give er a go!

Offline earlan357

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2019, 03:12:59 PM »
Made a video highlighting the differences between the gen1 and gen2 triggers.

anything