Author Topic: Primary carry  (Read 1775 times)

Offline flphotog

Primary carry
« on: November 22, 2018, 09:04:04 AM »
I've got at the moment 3 CZ's, did have more but I've sold off a couple of them due to lack of need/use. The P-07 has been my primary carry for awhile now, the PCR used to be carried a lot but has fallen out of use because I've moved to cocked and locked carry and the PCR dosen't swing that way.
Now if testing goes the way I expect it to it looks like the P-07 will be sharing primary carry with the H&K HK45 compact. Picked this up yesterday because I was looking for another .45 carry option and I think I'm going to really like this gun, first range trip will be tomorrow or Monday so will have to see how it goes, but I don't really expect any issues.

Offline Indy_Tim

Re: Primary carry
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 11:02:13 AM »
Congrats on the H&K.  I don?t think I?ve ever shot one.  For this year, my EDC is my .40 P07, with a G27 and G30sf fitting in where needed.  The G27 is handy until the P10S comes out and the G30sf is for those days when you want to fling ashtrays at an attacker.  Can?t wait to hear how your new .45 works out for you.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:11:02 PM »
Very nice, sir! My EDC right now is the P-10C White Nitride. Haven't carried a .45 ACP since the early 90s and a Springfield 1911A1.

Offline flphotog

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
Very nice, sir! My EDC right now is the P-10C White Nitride. Haven't carried a .45 ACP since the early 90s and a Springfield 1911A1.

I've been carrying mostly 9's for awhile but now have a Springfield XDe in .45 along with the HK along with several 1911's and planing on carrying .45s more often. All of my carry's, well pretty much all of my pistols are now hammer fired, either SA or SA/DA all carried cocked and locked, I no longer carry any striker fired guns.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
I had an XDe for a minute. I find that small guns like that just don't work for me. I need a full length grip otherwise the gun just feels unnatural to me. The extended mags help but render the gun no easier to conceal that my PCR which will likely never get replaced by anything else.

Offline best sale

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:24 AM »
Congrats on your new toy, great buy, you will enjoy it. If you can change the trigger to LEM you will really love it.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »
My P07 (.40 S&W) will stay my "nice clothes" EDC.  Been carrying it for about 6 years now, put a DI RMR on it, talon grips and it just works for me.

I had been carrying a 9MM (either the CZ85 Compact/clone or the new P01 Omega as my "around the yard/garage/property" pistol for about 3 years now.  But, a couple months back I ran across an XDM .45 acp Tactical 5" - with thumb safeties.  I bought it and it's been my open carry/around the property since I took it to the range to make sure it worked and see what kinds of groups it shoots.

Nothing wrong with the .45 acp.  I have some Colt 1911's, but I'm not going to crawl around in the dirt/gravel/crud with one of them and scratch it all up.  I was down in the gravel/dirt yesterday under the mud room and could hear the grip/mag. base dragging around in the gravel and had to brush off the dirt when I got up.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline flphotog

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »
Congrats on your new toy, great buy, you will enjoy it. If you can change the trigger to LEM you will really love it.

If I had wanted the LEM I would have bought it, I have no interest is having any DA triggers, that's why I converted both my P-07 and P-09 from decocker to safety and carry cocked and locked and my PCR is now a safe queen.

Offline calypsocoral

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 12:32:41 AM »
My P07 (.40 S&W) will stay my "nice clothes" EDC.  Been carrying it for about 6 years now, put a DI RMR on it, talon grips and it just works for me.

I had been carrying a 9MM (either the CZ85 Compact/clone or the new P01 Omega as my "around the yard/garage/property" pistol for about 3 years now.  But, a couple months back I ran across an XDM .45 acp Tactical 5" - with thumb safeties.  I bought it and it's been my open carry/around the property since I took it to the range to make sure it worked and see what kinds of groups it shoots.

Nothing wrong with the .45 acp.  I have some Colt 1911's, but I'm not going to crawl around in the dirt/gravel/crud with one of them and scratch it all up.  I was down in the gravel/dirt yesterday under the mud room and could hear the grip/mag. base dragging around in the gravel and had to brush off the dirt when I got up.

Ooh! You're the perfect guy to ask then-- I also own a P-07 in .40 that I want to use for EDC. In your experience, do most of the holsters out there fit the .40 as well as the 9mm?

Second question: what sort of ammo do you keep it loaded with? I've had good  luck with 165gr Golden Sabers, Gold Dots, and CorBon in my full-size P-09, but I'm struggling to find something for the P-07 that I shoot well with. The "snap" of those fairly-hot rounds seems a lot more pronounced in the P-07 than it does in the P-09.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 08:32:50 AM »
Federal Premium HST 124 gr.
Or as Clint Smith would say from Thunder Ranch:
Shoot them with whatever's in your gun, if he gets up shoot him again.
Ballistics😛 raspberries!!
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:39 AM »
JMHO, carry and shoot what you shoot the best !!
For me the thought of carrying a different kind of pistol every other day is ridiculous.
In the Heat of the Moment WHEN TSHTF.. let's see am I carrying a striker fire or a hammer fire? SA or DA ? Am I cocked and locked, is the safety on or off? Do I even have a safety on this pistol ? G I hope I switched out and carrying the right magazines.
Where is the mag release on this pistol?
In the Heat of the Moment your brain is going to be scrambled.
And there should  be no doubt in your mind what you're carrying and how it operates. It's your life and the life of those around you.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

anything