Author Topic: CZ Customs or Cajun for slide RMR milling?  (Read 432 times)

Offline chgofirefighter

CZ Customs or Cajun for slide RMR milling?
« on: November 20, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »
So I have come across CZ Customs and Cajun and I'm currently a bit confused.  Both do excellent work, however, CZ Customs states that in order to meet USPSA red dot requirement the slide needs to have a cut out in the front, not sure if this is "ENTIRELY" true?  I've seen many USPSA carry optic competitions that don't specify that the slide needs to have a cut in the front in order to meet USPSA rules.  Can someone clarify this? 

I did send an email to CZ customs to inquire but I have not been answered.  Lastly, I've been told that having the slide milled for a specific red dot is better than having an MOS type platform with different plates.  But again, not entirely sure if this is true.  Apparently, the claim being made that once is milled for a specific red dot it's more secure and stable? 

Like the offering of CZ custom's where you can have it milled like a MOS version, that way you don't have to stick to a specific red dot, however, I do prefer the Delta Point Pro-optic for competition purposes.  So I'm not sure whether to send it to CZ Customs or just Cajun, Cajun only offers the slide cut for a specific red dot though and of course is a lot affordable.  But? is it more secure to have the slide milled for a specific red dot? or not? thanks for the help and guidance~

Online armoredman

• Administrator
Re: CZ Customs or Cajun for slide RMR milling?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »
I can answer thusly - I've been to CZC twice and was always impressed with the quality of the work on display. However, I have had two pistols worked on by CGW and has been deeply impressed with the quality of work I received.  I would contract with CGW again in a heartbeat.

Offline dragon813gt

CZ Customs or Cajun for slide RMR milling?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »
I’m assuming the cut they’re talking about is for lightening so it meets weight.  I don’t shoot competitively but I read a lot on the Enos forum.  Making weight comes up a lot and many shops offer lightening cuts.

A slide milled for a specific optic is going to be secure.  It’s just how it is.  Doesn’t mean the plate system is bad.  Just that it isn’t as secure as an optic specific cut.

Don’t leave out Primary Machine if you want your slide milled.  Have not had them mill any of mine.  But many members here have posted their work and it looks phenomenal.  I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post a negative thing about them.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »
CZC did both of my S2 slides.  They do a window cut in the front so that the Shadow 2 can make weight.

What gun are you looking to have milled?  The SP01 doesn’t need an extra weight reduction cut.

I wouldn’t hesitate to send to either shop.

I got the plate because I like the ability to switch sights and also go back to irons if I choose.

Online Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 09:11:35 PM »
One other thing to consider regarding the milling/mounting choice is the overall height of the mrds. Specifically cutting for your chosen sight allows for lower installed height which feels more natural if you're accustomed to iron sights. It is a bit of a commitment though.  :D

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 09:44:26 PM »
Not much into the gun games, but am very happy with CGW's work on my 85B

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=95528.0

Offline chgofirefighter

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 12:48:50 AM »
CZC did both of my S2 slides.  They do a window cut in the front so that the Shadow 2 can make weight.

What gun are you looking to have milled?  The SP01 doesn’t need an extra weight reduction cut.

I wouldn’t hesitate to send to either shop.

I got the plate because I like the ability to switch sights and also go back to irons if I choose.

Looking to do the Shadow 2~   ;)

Offline P3pp3rs

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2018, 01:53:02 PM »
I've used both.....imo you'll not regret choosing either!