Author Topic: Anyword on Subcompact P07 or Single stack?  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Hammer Time

Re: Anyword on Subcompact P07 or Single stack?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
Yeah, I'm a little surprised there aren't a few more DA/SA sub coms out there. I also carry a P-07 most days, but there are times I wouldn't mind something smaller. Considering going back to a small revolver for those times.

I was surprised the Sig P224 wasn't in the line-up for very long - guess it wasn't a good seller? Although kind of like the Rami, the P224 weighs as much as my P-07 and isn't much smaller, but with much reduced capacity. A polymer DA/SA single stack, with just enough height for a full four-finger grip and the Omega trigger, and sub 20oz similar to the P365) would be sweet.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
Just curious what your reason for wanting something smaller, I think the PO 7 is a perfect size.

I agree that the P-07 is the perfect size in some cases but not all. My primary carries are now either the P-07 or H&K HK45 however at times that just doesn't work. In those cases it's the XDe .45 and even the Sig P938 at times.
My preference is for a larger pistol but that just doesn't always work.
These days I always carry OWB, all of my IWB holsters are now gathering dust.
DA/SA Single Stack sub-compact with a long enough full grip and 8-9 rounds??
So it seems, the closest thing currently available might be an XDe??
At 25oz it's no lightweight but thinner than my RAMI BD.

For those who have one....what's the verdict on this little bugger??
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:15 AM »
Sig P225A-1 is a single stack DA/SA pistol. They are compact but not the smallest on the block. Close in size to a S&W 3913. I like mine but they are a bit pricey.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 11:31:25 AM »
Sig P225A-1 is a single stack DA/SA pistol. They are compact but not the smallest on the block. Close in size to a S&W 3913. I like mine but they are a bit pricey.

That's even heavier than the P-07 but I guess if you don't mind that; it's at least an option.

The discontinued SIG P239 weighs considerably less. And if you look around there's still some NIB out there, but I've heard extra magazines are hard to come by. Those that have one really seem to like them.

For me the P365 is the perfect size/weight/capacity but IMHO the trigger at 5-1/2 lbs is too light for safe pocket carry. It shoots so well I could live with it being a striker but would prefer something more like a smooth 7-8lbs.

Maybe once CZ's new USA factory gets up to speed they'll revisit the P-07sc. That could be quite some time though.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:43:02 PM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »
Gang, heard whispers here and there...

Heard similar whispers about a Micro Scorpion...last year.  Alas, no joy.  My carry is a Colt Night Cobra, yes, a revolver.  8)

GS
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:50:01 PM by GeneticallySwiss »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline twowheels

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
You could look at a sphinx sub compact.  They are expensive but very high quality.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 04:49:26 PM »

That's even heavier than the P-07 but I guess if you don't mind that; it's at least an option.

The discontinued SIG P239 weighs considerably less. And if you look around there's still some NIB out there, but I've heard extra magazines are hard to come by. Those that have one really seem to like them.

For me the P365 is the perfect size/weight/capacity but IMHO the trigger at 5-1/2 lbs is too light for safe pocket carry. It shoots so well I could live with it being a striker but would prefer something more like a smooth 7-8lbs.

Maybe once CZ's new USA factory gets up to speed they'll revisit the P-07sc. That could be quite some time though.

I think in fully loaded form the P-07 is still heavier. The P225 is the smallest single stack I could find that properly fits my hands and magazines are plentiful for it. I know the P365 is all the rage right now but it is striker fired and too small for me.
Weight for me is not an issue as 95% of the time I carry a my PCR or M11A1.

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 08:21:20 PM »
Just curious what your reason for wanting something smaller, I think the PO 7 is a perfect size.

slimmer is what i want, easier to conceal in summer when im wearing tshirts and shorts

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:52 PM »
I carry my P-07 IWB when my wardrobe allows it, but there are times when I can only pocket-carry something smaller than that.  I normally use a j-frame .38 I have been pocket carrying for around 20 years now, but I've been looking for a newer gun that provides a similar function... preferably a bit thinner and with a bit more capacity.  It also needs to have a 3-fingered grip, lefty-swapped mag release, and be 100% reliable with the ammo I carry in it.
Glock 43X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 11:47:28 PM »
I carry my P-07 IWB when my wardrobe allows it, but there are times when I can only pocket-carry something smaller than that.  I normally use a j-frame .38 I have been pocket carrying for around 20 years now, but I've been looking for a newer gun that provides a similar function... preferably a bit thinner and with a bit more capacity.  It also needs to have a 3-fingered grip, lefty-swapped mag release, and be 100% reliable with the ammo I carry in it.
Glock 43X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waiting on blue label models to come out then i might gran the 43x or maybe the 48