Author Topic: CZ USA P07 Guide Rods are now steel  (Read 257 times)

Offline CAK

CZ USA P07 Guide Rods are now steel
« on: December 03, 2018, 10:28:57 PM »
Received a back in stock notice for the black   (lighter) captured P07 recoil spring I’ve been wanting to try (part ending in 003). Ordered one and received instead a blue spring (part ending in 002). Surprisingly the spring was on a steel guid rod.

Called CZ USA and explained I received the wrong part, should be the black spring. CZ advised they’d reship the correct part. Received it today and to my surprise what I received was the black spring on a steel guide rod (captured).  What’s really weird is the part number on the package is a 004 which isn’t even listed on the web site. Dimensions look identical to the blue spring 002 but is definitely easier to rack.

So if you want a factory CZ steel captured guide rod and spring... they have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Atomic Punk

Re: CZ USA P07 Guide Rods are now steel
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:56:23 PM »
I prefer the metal ones but have zero evidence as to why.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 08:47:19 AM »
I think all mine are plastic (1 P07, 2 P09's).  All are captive spring assemblies.  P07 wasn't, I had to drill out the guide rod hole in the front of the P07 to make the new one work.

No issues so far.

No much (any??) stress on the guide rod in the pistol.  The spring doesn't stretch the guide rod when in the pistol and as long as the spring doesn't bind (flat springs, not round springs, so probably not much chance of it) it shouldn't push the guide to the side/bottom/top either.

It's just a guide.

Yeah, I know, plastic seems a funny/odd choice but the frame is plastic, too.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline CAK

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
I have no issues with plastic guide rods either, always ran flawless in all my guns, PPQ, P07 etc. Just a little surprised that’s how CZ is selling them now.

Also interesting that the part I received is not the part number I ordered and the part isn’t even listed on the CZ web site. Checked the CZub site and nothing there either. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything