Author Topic: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - First Photo  (Read 1173 times)

Offline trpclfvr

Re: Bren 2 MS, USA Version - First Photo
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »
Okay, I give up, what is a RFN?!

There is someone on GB with 52 Bren 2 7.62x39 CZ mags - about $32 each, I think. I read somewhere Magpul mags will work too - just not the rock in design.
Magpul doesn't make any magazine that fits the 7.62x39 Bren2 lower. The only one that will fit is the CZ magazine. This magazine uses the STANAG profile but in a larger size, hence the use of the insert sleeve to convert the lower to accept the AR magazine for the 556 variant.  This also means, and also confirmed, that the AR mags for 7.62x39 will work for the 7.62x39 Bren2, provided the AR insert is also used.

PS: That GB deal is a ripoff when CZ USA is selling the magazine for under $30 each.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:59:15 PM by armoredman »

Offline TURRICAN

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2018, 07:29:13 AM »
There’s a guy on YouTube showing how to modify the magpul AK mags. Basically just take off the nub for the latch, square the top, and make a hole for the mag catch. He does it all with a file and it seems to work. A would probably give it a try if I had a X39

Offline Type5

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
It is good to know that, currently, there are 7.62x39 magazine options. It will be interesting to to see how the compliance issues work out. From the above there are at least two U.S built options.
I remember SCAR 17 magazines were in very short supply even well after the introduction of the rifle. Prices were sky high with a lot going for more than $100 each just to get a couple of spares. There were two aftermarket companies that made new lowers for the SCAR, one of those companies receivers was designed for Magpul mags only and many lowers were bought just to solve the FNH supply problem. Also, some guys were modifying FAL mags but with varying degrees of success.
If the demand is there, someone will make a rock in lower for the Bren 2. I am not weded to traditional AK mags but some people have said the would go with a Bren 2 but only if it will work with their long standing stock of AK mags.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:40 PM »

C5014xx here.

556 or 7.62x39 version? Will be interesting to see what is the serial number span to determine how many in each range came into the US.

C5014xx, 5.56
Seems I’ve seen a broad range - made me think they were not sequential. But I could be wrong.
They are not likely to be sequential from what I’ve heard at the CZUB store. Which ever batch of firearms is ready for proofing goes into the proof room and get their sequential numbers generated and assigned. Unlike the old days (pre-2004?) there are no model specific SN identifiers.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 04:09:59 PM »
Stopped in at the CZUB store to chat with the sales people. Apparently the MS model designated for the US market will not normally get the CIP proof as the home/Euro market 2s ones are required to have. I’m guessing it’ll be the triangular one that’s been commonly seen the past couple years. The modular designation indicates it has a conversion kit for 5.56x45 and possibly another caliber conversion. They had the 7.62x39 version displayed in the store with the mag sleeve for 5.56. Sorry....forgot to take a photo of the display.

Offline Type5

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
Stopped in at the CZUB store to chat with the sales people. Apparently the MS model designated for the US market will not normally get the CIP proof as the home/Euro market 2s ones are required to have. I’m guessing it’ll be the triangular one that’s been commonly seen the past couple years. The modular designation indicates it has a conversion kit for 5.56x45 and possibly another caliber conversion. They had the 7.62x39 version displayed in the store with the mag sleeve for 5.56. Sorry....forgot to take a photo of the display.

Thank you for the info - information is coming out sporadicly!
Are you saying that the "MS" consists of the main rifle/pistol plus a caliber conversion kit?
And do you have any information what will be offered: rifles/pistols/barrel lengths/butt stocks/accesories ect?
Thank you!

Offline Psyop96

Bren 2 MS, USA Version - First Photo
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2018, 05:44:40 PM »
All they have right now is the local 2s rifle version and a conversion from 7.62x39 to 5.56x45...complete upper (receiver and barrel have SN so both require a permit here) and mag sleeve for the 7.62x39 lower receiver group (no SN). They don’t have the 16” barrel restriction here so there’s not much of a market for the pistol version. No word on accessories and future options for the MS and pistols or even for the 2s beyond what’s on display.

Offline Type5

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2018, 05:58:56 PM »
All they have right now is the local 2s rifle version and a conversion from 7.62x39 to 5.56x45...complete upper (receiver and barrel have SN so both require a permit here) and mag sleeve for the 7.62x39 lower receiver group (no SN). They don’t have the 16” barrel restriction here so there’s not much of a market for the pistol version. No word on accessories and future options for the MS and pistols or even for the 2s beyond what’s on display.

Thank you, for that information!
One other thing, would you know anything about the change in the upper receivers fore end from the S2 to the MS fore end? We thought this was a CZ-USA thing but they are selling the same thing in Europe.
Thank you again for any insights!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
Oh, if that third caliber is 6.5 Grendel.... 8)

Offline No. 6

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 11:18:10 PM »
... or 300 blk.

Offline Type5

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 12:39:38 AM »
Just found this link from a dealer for Bren 2 MS, 7.62x39, 11" pistol for $1,544.00:

https://www.centerfireguns.com/cz-bren-2-ms-pistol-7-62x39-11in-91461.html
They are not in stock.

Looked a little farther and came up with these - lots more listings out there:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=CZ-USA&family=805+Series&model=805+Bren+2+MS
$1,799.00

https://www.empirestatefirearms.com/products/handguns-cz-91451-806703914510-2226
$1,622.99

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:56:40 AM by Type5, Reason: Additional Links »

Offline trpclfvr

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 01:15:17 AM »
That just means the product is getting ready to hit the market. All the distributor have the different model information. So looks like the Bren2 MS is hitting the market soon!

Offline Type5

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 01:20:04 AM »
That just means the product is getting ready to hit the market. All the distributor have the different model information. So looks like the Bren2 MS is hitting the market soon!

In time for Christmas?!

The MS has me adlepated!

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:25 AM »

Thank you, for that information!
One other thing, would you know anything about the change in the upper receivers fore end from the S2 to the MS fore end? We thought this was a CZ-USA thing but they are selling the same thing in Europe.
Thank you again for any insights!

It was designed for the U.S. market to offer more forend flexibility, but it appears the Czechs might know a good thing when they see it.  ;)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline bull

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »
If released it will be under my charlie brown tree for CHRiSTmas....

anything