Author Topic: LOK Grips on a PreB?  (Read 2709 times)

Offline briang2ad

LOK Grips on a PreB?
« on: December 04, 2018, 07:22:01 AM »
Anyone successfully fit LOK grips on a PreB CZ 75?   I have some VZs on a PreB and its not perfect.  Thanks.

I like the aluminum PreB retros but make not the shape and maybe not the CZUB logo.

Offline Earl Keese

Re: LOK Grips on a PreB?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 08:42:24 AM »
LOK Palm Swell Bogies, no fitting required.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
Earl: thanks! Beautiful!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »
I haven't bought aftermarket grips for a CZ, but I bought a set of the full sized factory rubber grips and installed on my Pre B CZ85.  Fit great.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »
I have the rubber - nice, but like the G10s much better.  Again, have them on my first PreB and they are awsome, but the VZs are a tad off.  Weird thing is, some old wooden grips fit the 84 but not the 88!

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:46:01 PM »
I've noticed a significant amount of variance with the older frames. Sometimes a little fitting is required. I actually had two Pre-B's that wouldn't snap into the same holster.
 Also, I put OEM rubber grips on all my 75's until LOK started making palmswell Bogies, now the rubber grips are in the parts bin.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:58:01 PM »
Yes, I may even open a PreB thread on HOW different they can be.  My 84 will EJECT AT 84 mags, but my 88 almost won't accept them and won't release them at all.  Yet, the 84 won't take my CZ OEM LE only mags, but the 88 will and even ejects them.  Its nuts.  Its like they were all hand machined from scratch.  LOL

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 05:44:33 PM »
Yes, I may even open a PreB thread on HOW different they can be.  My 84 will EJECT AT 84 mags, but my 88 almost won't accept them and won't release them at all.  Yet, the 84 won't take my CZ OEM LE only mags, but the 88 will and even ejects them.  Its nuts.  Its like they were all hand machined from scratch.  LOL

A lot of the older guns are that way.  Ithaca M37 pump shotguns, the early ones, are very difficult to find extra barrels for.  You can have three or four of them and none of the barrels fit one of the other ones (ask me how I know that).  My brother thought he bought one that would fit his, got it home, it didn't. The good news was, it did fit mine.

My old Auto 5 (has the stock, forend, and even the screws that hold it together stamped with serial numbers matching the receiver.  Some of the screws have the last four digits stamped on the head of the screws and some on the shafts of the screws in the middle, between the head and the threads on the other end.

Now that it's been mentioned, the new rubber grips will go on my Pre B CZ85, but I have to "fight them on" there.  Lots of pushing/shoving to get the screw hole to line up with the frame.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
I think the grips will fit, but the LOK grips come with BIZARRELY sized torx head screws.  No go

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
I use CGW screws with mine. I've got some Palm Swell 97B grips coming with LOK screws. Sorry to hear that.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
I use CGW screws with mine. I've got some Palm Swell 97B grips coming with LOK screws. Sorry to hear that.

Yup.  I have two sets of screw tips and none fit. I might have another and may try tonight. 

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 08:25:03 PM »

Yup.  I have two sets of screw tips and none fit. I might have another and may try tonight.
Metric and SAE?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 08:34:01 PM »
LOK website says 2mm hex bit will fit.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
Figured it out - GTG!  Thanks.  Was your frame from a transitional - the slide you show is transitional, but the frame LOOKS PreB - prior to transition - or did you mod the frame?  Thanks.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 09:36:31 PM »
Figured it out - GTG!  Thanks.  Was your frame from a transitional - the slide you show is transitional, but the frame LOOKS PreB - prior to transition - or did you mod the frame?  Thanks.
That frame is a 92 pre-b, the slide is a 93 transitional. The transitional frame for that slide was a longer term project, it's waiting to be rust blued with my next batch of stuff. I've always wanted a round guard transitional, this way I sort of have one.