Author Topic: Thinking of a P10C or P-07  (Read 4169 times)

Offline DOC 1500

Re: Thinking of a P10C or P-07
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 07:05:32 AM »
Don't go by the trigger at the LGS, it's what can be done with the pistol when you polish the internals and change the springs. Oh ya
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline kjphilippona

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2018, 08:43:28 AM »
I own both and they are ok firearms! Nether is my EDC but if I had to pick only one, it would be the P-07. I prefer hammer fired pistols for personal defense!

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 10:25:10 AM »
Both are fantastic guns in their own right.

Need more details than "which is better?". lol

What are you doing with it?

It would most likely be just a range gun as I'm carrying my P-01. When I got into the CZ line of DA/SA and SA pistols I made the mistake of selling off my striker fire guns. I'm starting to think that was not a good idea. I had both P10c and the P-07 in my hands the other day and the P10C has a great trigger. I'm leaning towards the P10C as of right now.
P-10C does have a batter out the box trigger. As far as every other category, I prefer the feel of the P-07.
I shoot it better/more accurately, recoil feels better, I like the grip a little better. And the trigger can be made very nice anyway.

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 07:26:12 AM »
Picked up my NEW CZ P10c yesterday. Feels great in the hand, hoping to get to in the indoor range today if time permits. Shop just got in a new P-07 with the OD bottom. Nice gun also but the trigger doesn't feel as good as my steel and aluminum frame guns.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 04:19:29 PM »
Picked up my NEW CZ P10c yesterday. Feels great in the hand, hoping to get to in the indoor range today if time permits. Shop just got in a new P-07 with the OD bottom. Nice gun also but the trigger doesn't feel as good as my steel and aluminum frame guns.
I feel of the po7 trigger can always be changed by doing the suggested polishing on the internals.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
I have, p10c, p07, and p01. P01 has the best trigger, then close is the p07 that's not far behind the p10c is very close also.
I like a da/sa for self defense, that 8 lb. first pull is a safety issue for me, after that the trigger can't be beat.

Like me everyone want's 1 gun to do everything, your realize that never happens once you own more than a few guns. I have considerably more guns than the above and each one has it's job. If someone said pick one from the above, I couldn't, I like them all. Although my Sig Sauer P365 has solved my carry issue without question and my Sig Sauer p320 has added options that I have never been used to and I also like it.

Bottom line spend as much as you can and get what you want right from the start because it costs money if you have to start buying and having to sell because you didn't get what you really wanted in the first place. 

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
I like a da/sa for self defense, that 8 lb. first pull is a safety issue for me, after that the trigger can't be beat. ( Quote from jimjc.)

With polishing and some Springs you could get that double-action down to about 6.5 still very safe. That's where mine is, and then the SA is 2.8#😎

Offline flphotog

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2018, 09:17:45 AM »
I only have hammer fired pistols these days so it would be an easy choice for me. I also carry cocked and locked and the SA trigger on both the P-07 and P-09 is just fine for me. They are both carry guns for me so I don't want or need a really light trigger. Both of mine are 4.0 lbs and nice and crisp.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
Okie dokie sounds good.

Offline jimjc

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
I like a da/sa for self defense, that 8 lb. first pull is a safety issue for me, after that the trigger can't be beat. ( Quote from jimjc.)

With polishing and some Springs you could get that double-action down to about 6.5 still very safe. That's where mine is, and then the SA is 2.8#😎

Sorry so long to reply. Yep I intend to do the polishing/springs like you. 2.8 yum that would make a great range gun but do you think it's a little lite for defense?  which springs did you use?

Offline Uriel67

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2018, 08:04:45 PM »
I have had neither but after handling the P-07 today I might reconsider my intentions of getting the PCR. I went into my LGS this evening to go ahead with the purchase of the PCR after holding in hand last week and doing tons of research. Guess what? Yup, sold a few days ago.

Totally bummed of course, the salesman said to me "take a look at this". The P-07. I was totally not interested as my original draw to the CZ brand was their steel pistols. Went ahead and humored him by agreeing to have a look. To my surprise, it felt great in hand. After allowing me to dry fire a few times, I realized this was a trigger that I wouldn't necessarily have to swap for comfort.

The D/A and S/A pulls felt common, but were noticeably much smoother than my steel CZ's were when stock. So now the P-07 is definitely in the running as my next purchase. Decisions, decisions...

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2018, 11:54:00 PM »
Honestly. this is nothing more than a personal choice. I own both. Out of the box i would say the p10 had a better trigger, but the P07 is great after installing the CGW 3 spring kit.

I own both and CCW either of them. I like the p07 more for ccw because of the hammer, when Im holstering it i can put my thumb on the hammer and know that no clothing or etc is getting into my trigger guard and possibly causing a ND. But I do like the constant steady trigger on the p10. Accuracy is close enough with either that i wont say one has an advantage over the other.

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »
Well went to the gun shop again yesterday and had that P-07(OD green bottom) in my hands for over 20 minutes and just had to put it back on layaway. So I fixed the problem on which gun to buy and bought both. Plan on doing so trigger work and springs when I finally get the 07 paid for. Thanks for the great feedback and thoughts on these two cz pistols. This is a great forum.  8)

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 07:30:32 AM »
I would go P07 for sure as of right now. The P10C guns that I have checked out had garbage mag releases. Now, with the new models of the P10 coming out I am interested! My P07 experience has been great. I think in the striker gun world, there are better options than the current P10C, but polymer DA/SA compact size guns, the P07 offers a lot.

Offline GO WYO

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
Well went to the gun shop again yesterday and had that P-07(OD green bottom) in my hands for over 20 minutes and just had to put it back on layaway. So I fixed the problem on which gun to buy and bought both. Plan on doing so trigger work and springs when I finally get the 07 paid for. Thanks for the great feedback and thoughts on these two cz pistols. This is a great forum.  8)

Best Solution - Get Both!