Author Topic: History of the 75B SA  (Read 304 times)

JRR and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Beamy85

History of the 75B SA
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »
I just picked up a 75B SA back in October to go with my 75B, P-07, and P-09.

I've only had time to put about 50rds through it so far but I must say I'm very impressed with the groups it makes at 10yds using 124gr FMJs.

This has me wondering when CZ originally came out with the SA variant and what it's niche was/is. I wouldn't quite call it a duty pistol yet I wouldn't say it's a full on competition pistol either.
2009 CZ 452 Training Rifle .22LR
2010 CZ 75B 9mm
2012 Czechpoint VZ-58 7.62x39mm
2015 CZ 527 Carbine .223
2015 CZ P-09 9mm
2017 CZ P-07 9mm

Offline Earl Keese

Re: History of the 75B SA
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:18:17 PM »

I've only had time to put about 50rds through it so far but I must say I'm very impressed with the groups it makes at 10yds using 124gr FMJs.

This has me wondering when CZ originally came out with the SA variant and what it's niche was/is. I wouldn't quite call it a duty pistol yet I wouldn't say it's a full on competition pistol either.
Last time I checked the CZ-USA website, it was listed with competition pistols.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
My youngest son has one.  He seldom takes his other pistols (save the P07 9MM) to the range anymore and even then only shoots a magazine or two through the P07.

When I ask him why he's not shooting anything besides the CZ75 SA he replies, "But dad, I just like shooting small groups."
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »

To a degree, I would consider it to be a more modern version of the Browning Hi power.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 04:26:30 PM »
I'm not sure of the allure of the 75 SA.  I only handled it once, and the trigger was not that good.  Can it be tuned to 1911 standards?  No camming? 

Quite frankly I've felt CGW P guns with no camming and crisp 1911 like triggers, and they still had DA if you needed it.

It looks cool though!   8)

Offline badwrench

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »

To a degree, I would consider it to be a more modern version of the Browning Hi power.

That's been my thought as well, a more modern version of the Hi power,  probably more affordable as well. I don't see why one could'nt carry one if they wanted.. maybe a few CGW parts, Dawson sights, and you'd be in business, perfect for the 1911 guys, who want to go to 9mm, want more mag capacity, and the same type of controls..

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
My son bought a CGW race hammer and adjustable sear and a straight trigger from either CZ Custom or CZ USA (sometimes CGW and CZ Custom are out of stock on some parts and CZ USA will have the factory parts).

Between the hammer and some stoning/polishing of the trigger bar, the hammer strut, the reduced power trigger return spring and taking the firing pin block out of his pistol he's got a trigger pull of around 2&1/2 lbs.  Not as light as my Tactical Sport, but very crisp and a nice trigger for the range.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Model Citizen

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
OP was wondering when the SA variant first came out. Anybody know?

anything