Author Topic: Is CZ the new Hipster gun?  (Read 6738 times)

Offline recoilguy

Is CZ the new Hipster gun?
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:33:05 PM »
I was on the sig talk web site and a member there was asking about CZ's.
What's the opinion of Sig guys and are they of Sig caliber to own and shoot.

The general consensus from the Sig patrons was CZ makes a great gun and owning one is a good idea.
however there was a vocal minority who were saying buying a CZ is uninformed shooters way of being instantly cool and a cajunized CZ is an automatic acceptance into the shooting hipsters club. There was a Meme about not being able to find a place to put my CZ because my Mac Book and my artisan coffee maker take up too much room.

I was kind of taken back, like I said most of the guys there are gun guys and know its hard to like a Sig and not like a CZ and vice versa. Is this news to you guys or is this a perception in the gun world about CZ's now a days?

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: Is CZ the new Hipster gun?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 05:41:43 PM »
Haters hating is all. Most people that aren't true gun people have no clue what the hell a CZ is. Yet they all have heard of Sigs.

If you made a list of gun manufacturers and ordered then by popularity or familiarity with the casual gun owner, CZ would probably rank pretty low on that list.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 07:18:27 PM »
I own both.

I shoot my CZ?s better.

That is all.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline joel0019

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 07:40:32 PM »
Haters hating is all. Most people that aren't true gun people have no clue what the hell a CZ is. Yet they all have heard of Sigs.

If you made a list of gun manufacturers and ordered then by popularity or familiarity with the casual gun owner, CZ would probably rank pretty low on that list.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agree I always thought cz was the best gun no body talked about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 07:55:21 PM »
It?s just a silly thing that got started some time back. I don?t think anyone really believes it since most hipsters are too afraid to touch a gun anyway. They don?t fit inside their skinny jeans.

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »
I was on the sig talk web site and a member there was asking about CZ's.
What's the opinion of Sig guys and are they of Sig caliber to own and shoot.

The general consensus from the Sig patrons was CZ makes a great gun and owning one is a good idea.
however there was a vocal minority who were saying buying a CZ is uninformed shooters way of being instantly cool and a cajunized CZ is an automatic acceptance into the shooting hipsters club. There was a Meme about not being able to find a place to put my CZ because my Mac Book and my artisan coffee maker take up too much room.

I was kind of taken back, like I said most of the guys there are gun guys and know its hard to like a Sig and not like a CZ and vice versa. Is this news to you guys or is this a perception in the gun world about CZ's now a days?

RCG
Hard sayin'...

All I know is I could afford a CZ when I bought mine. I really can't afford a SIG.

Who are actually the hipsters? ;)
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Erikw5490

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 08:20:33 PM »
I have heard such poppycock before, and I respond with a resounding BOOOOO. Haters gonna hate

Offline RSR

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »
CZ striker = perhaps a hipster. 
The balance of the CZ handgun lineup, is a definite no.

I own both sigs and CZs.  Started really collecting the Sigs.  Sig's SRT is a nice trigger, but Cajuns are better.  And when accounting for total ownership costs of new production Sigs vs CZs, CZs will save you $.  CZs also fit my hand much better.

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 02:11:56 AM »
I have both CZs and Sigs...I prefer to shoot the CZs.

In fact, when choosing my 1st .45 I rented a Sig to compare against the CZ97.  Hands down the CZ is much better!
All of my .40 CZs shoot better than my .40 Sig P226 Legion.

I've been thinking about trading the Legion to go against getting a Scorpion Evo... ::)
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 04:33:35 AM »
I bought into CZ's long before I bought into Sig's and now I own and like both with a smattering of other brands in the mix. True gun people don't buy into the hipster nonsense.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 04:55:27 AM »
What is a "hipster"?  :o Fairly certain whatever it is, I don't fit the mold.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 05:43:16 AM »

In fact, when choosing my 1st .45 I rented a Sig to compare against the CZ97.  Hands down the CZ is much better!

I've been thinking about trading the Legion to go against getting a Scorpion Evo... ::)

Oh yea, the Legion.  Don't all legion owners get a special hipster certificate and decoder ring?  Pot calling kettle black.  Haven't held a P210, but not impressed with the venerable P226.  Do have a Sig 1911 and like it, though so uncool with 1911 purists!

Offline iLift45s

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »

Oh yea, the Legion.  Don't all legion owners get a special hipster certificate and decoder ring?  Pot calling kettle black.  Haven't held a P210, but not impressed with the venerable P226.  Do have a Sig 1911 and like it, though so uncool with 1911 purists!

I own Sigs, Hk?s, Glocks, Wilson Combats, and just recently got into the CZ world.  Wish I would have done it sooner.  My Shadow 2 which was worked by their Custom Shop is probably one of the sweetest shooting pistols I?ve ever shot.  Until I got this my Wilson Combat Berettas were my favorite. 

I own two Legions and a Mk25 that Grayguns worked on. The 226 I sent to Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns and it came back on a different level.  To me Sig slipped when they weren?t being made in Germany anymore.  The Legions are sweet but as far as owning a 320 I have zero interest.  Yeah I got the case and the coin.  I bought some other Legion swag.  Do I always want to shoot this pistol.  Not really.  The CZ runs circles around it all day.  Now I?m slowly paying off the the Checkmate which is on layaway.  Hope to have it in the spring.  Guess I?m a hipster.  LOL

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
Nice to know most of the Sig folks (the general consensus) are like the folks here as far as respecting what others shoot. Haters do tend to be more vocal, don't they......BTW, what is 'artisan coffee' ??? 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:36:21 PM by ernie_h »

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
CZs are good pistols, nothing wrong with owning more than one brand.
CZs may be a fashion statement to some but I like their reliability and feel.
"1776" - Part II