Author Topic: CZ97BD Being Retrofitted with Earlier-style Rubber Grips  (Read 5685 times)

Offline timetofly

Re: CZ97BD Being Retrofitted with Earlier-style Rubber Grips
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 10:50:21 PM »
My 97 came with the Aluminum grips also.  After shooting 100 rounds through it, I bought the CZ-USA rubber grips and I liked them a lot for about a week.  While at an outdoor range, the RSO asked if I liked the Hogue fingered grip on my 75B?  I said yes.  He then told me that it takes a little stretching and warming up, but the same grip on my 75B would fit on the 97 also.  A year later, the Hogue grip is still on and no intention to go to anything else.  Your results may vary.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline Radom

• HGWT
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 11:29:27 PM »
My 97 came with the Aluminum grips also.  After shooting 100 rounds through it, I bought the CZ-USA rubber grips and I liked them a lot for about a week.  While at an outdoor range, the RSO asked if I liked the Hogue fingered grip on my 75B?  I said yes.  He then told me that it takes a little stretching and warming up, but the same grip on my 75B would fit on the 97 also.  A year later, the Hogue grip is still on and no intention to go to anything else.  Your results may vary.

The Hogue 75/85 monogrip definitely fits the 97B if you heat it and work it.  Kevin gave me his, so I didn't stretch it myself, but it will fit.  He used a hairdryer.  I didn't like it, because it made he hold the pistol too low for my tastes.  That said, it is a viable option. 
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline eastman

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

The Hogue 75/85 monogrip definitely fits the 97B if you heat it and work it.  Kevin gave me his, so I didn't stretch it myself, but it will fit.  He used a hairdryer.  I didn't like it, because it made he hold the pistol too low for my tastes.  That said, it is a viable option.

If someone wants to give this a try, I have a used set of Hogue grips. They came on the 75B frame with a Kadet upper that I bought at Cabela's. I replaced them with CZ factory rubber and have the grips sitting around. I'd gladly send them to someone who will actually use them.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 04:10:40 PM »
I've claimed them guys; and can confirm eastman's sainthood as covered in numerous other tributes; he wouldn't even take reimbursement of postage. Thanks eastman- you ARE da man!
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

Offline PappaWheelie

• "This is war, and in war, time is of the essence."
    • The Children's Bread
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 04:47:51 PM »
Turns out I'll not be able to use these https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ff6wC-T0azlFqHWbNOf-Fw4buu6_3t-w so am offering them first come first served on the same no postage basis as received from Saint eastman. PM me.
Member, Gun Owners of America
CC: CZ 2075 RAMI BD in PappaWheelie Invisible 15 Round RAMI Holster
Homeboy: CZ 97 BD, Underwood 45 Super 120 Grain Xtreme Defender ammo
UBG: CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical Urban Grey Suppressor-ready
-all w/ CGW Short Reset Kit/1485-T2 Disco, 5 "Thick" Trigger, polished SA tooth

anything