Author Topic: Heavy maintenance requirement on my 75B Kadet. Almost too much...  (Read 758 times)

Offline Joe L

I finally ordered a new extractor, spring, and pin today for my 50,000 round Kadet.  What's next?  A barrel?  Piece of junk... :) :) :)

Light oil, clean the chamber, winter now in West Texas, light non-sticking snow this morning.  I will go to the range on Sunday.  No one else will be there.  It'll be great.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline Tok36

Re: Heavy maintenance requirement on my 75B Kadet. Almost too much...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »
Sounds like a good Sunday plan. Have you tried out the P Series Kadet kit Joe?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 03:28:47 PM »
No, I haven't.  I had something similar for a Sig P-226 and it was the reason I went with the all steel Kadet 6-7 years ago. 
Joe

Offline sberres

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 03:14:59 PM »
I know what you mean. I was out the other day and put maybe 200 rds thru the Kadet and I got a stovepipe!  Might’ve even happened 2x. And I was using the very best that Blazer had to offer!  What next?  Will I have to shoot the really high $$ ammo to make it work right?  Fine, I’ll get another pail of RGB and we’ll just see about that!
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.
SB

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 03:05:13 PM »
Received my parts, installed them in 20 minutes, and will shoot it Friday if the weather holds.  The claw on the extractor is definitely sharper on the new one and the spring is stronger.  I replaced the firing pin too, just because.  I kept the old parts for my museum, however. 

I really was having some problems with the extractor.  I'm thinking the tip really was too worn to function 100% after 50k rounds. 

Joe

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »
Welcome to Joe L's Very Used CZ Kadet Parts Museum!  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 08:31:41 AM »
Update just to close out this thread.

The new extractor made things a little better but did not solve the problem.  The fix was to replace the barrel, which had developed a "rough" chamber which was dragging the casings and taking more force to pull the case from the chamber on recoil.  This made the slightly worn extractor more likely to slip off but really slowed the bolt down so that the travel was insufficient to catch the next round, thus the failures to feed, especially in cold weather.   

So, the "Fix my horn, my brakes don't work" analogy applies here.  The old extractor may work ok with the new barrel, but the barrel was the problem, maybe not so much the extractor, although it is worn.  I'm keeping the old part for a spare. 

Joe